Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's E trac Hunt ( #4)

coinnut

Before and after pictures of today's hunt. Was able to get out for about 4 hours with a friend, and this is my haul. All of the finds were at a mineralised (basalt - trap rock) area. Three of us have hunted it to death (large area) with DFX's. The E Trac definitely has better control of the trap rock areas than the DFX. I used All metal, Ferrous 2 tones, manual sens 24 - 26. A bit of falsing, so I constantly noise cancelled. Didn't want to decrease sensitivity and lose any depth, since I was already using the 4x7 coil. Most items ranged from surface to 3-4". Numbers were all over the place, but that's expected here. But they did settle in after you pinpointed and re-tried the target directly over it. But the coins do drift from the 12 designation. Iron usually settled in, at lower right of screen even if it falsed high. Not much left to find, but did manage to find the stick (hat) pin and a nice tie pin (I believe). That one was silver and right on top. It's a hard target to find, but it came in clear. Lots of rim fire 32's and 38's which seems to be a favorite past time out there, around the 1890's. Some other misc junk items, but since this area is older than the rest of the area, NO PULL TABS!!! (ah, that feels good to say). HH

n/t

You make some great finds.

Julien