Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Today's find"

Draco

A few days ago, I met a boy who was selling a CTX 3030. I sent him a message, asking him please, if you would not mind sharing experiences with the detector, because here on the island, there were few people and there are no stores.
He told me yes, that he was interested in learning, and that he didn't have much experience. We met in a place and there we met.

He had been detecting for two years, but it seemed to him that he left many things without finding ... I was explaining to him that the terrain here is very bad and that without manual ground balance and discrimination, it was not possible to go beyond a few centimeters in depth. We did some tests and he realized everything I was telling him.

He asked me if I was not going to buy another more modern detector (he said that what I had were classics, haha) I said yes, but that I did not need an expensive detector, or with many "flourishes" What had I thought of a Nokta simplex , but I should try it, to be sure it works here.
We kept talking, I gave him good advice and I took him to a place where he had brought up important things.

He went home grateful and the next morning, he knocked on my door and gave me a Nokta simplex, which he did not use ...
I thought he had gone crazy !!
He told me: no one has ever helped me as much as you! And also, you took me to your favorite places, without asking for anything in return ...

Tears welled up in his eyes.:cry2:

He says: I had to buy three detectors, because I thought the problem was the detectors and not me. You, you have opened my eyes. I have learned more in two days than in two years.

Attachments

• c9896ed1-81db-485e-82f6-4c85cdff41e7.jpg
    c9896ed1-81db-485e-82f6-4c85cdff41e7.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 113
  • ed1f2e3d-1edc-40d3-bbab-46b15a553e66.jpg
    ed1f2e3d-1edc-40d3-bbab-46b15a553e66.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 110
Thanks guys for your kind words. It was really a pleasure to help you, you are a great person and now a friend. We have arranged to go out another day together and continue teaching him "tricks." Here in this type of terrain, the preset programs do not work, the earth acts as a filter and modifies the VDI. Autotracking must be overridden and ground balance done manually. I've been doing tests at home for a few days and really the all metal mode, doing the ground balance, is spectacular. I asked a question a while ago about this detector and now that I have it, I can say that in all metal mode, you can adjust the audio volume and the threshold volume. I am really very happy. As soon as I can, I will make a video so you can see what the terrain is like here

In order not to duplicate the video, I leave a link with some tests at home. The weather is too bad for testing away from home

Today I took my new friend back to a place I know, and he was lucky to find a buckle, probably from the 17th or 18th century
I'm already happy ...

Attachments

• 31211d7c-7534-4a90-a477-d6885ca94de2.jpg
    31211d7c-7534-4a90-a477-d6885ca94de2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 98