Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays Finds.......................

This was a pretty good day for me.

The three silver dime came out of the ground looking like they had white powder on them. The silver that comes out of Griffith Park looking white get ugly real fast once the air hits them.. One of the mercs is really worn and I couldn't see the date. At home I rubbed it a little so i could see the date with a magnifying glass and saw 1916 and about died because I was rubbing it. It's too worn on the back and I can't see any "D" on it. When I increase the size of the picture it looks like there might be a worn "D" but I'm sure I'm seeing what I want to see :detecting:. Too bad it's not in good shape. Still a good find for me and my second 1916 dime. This merc is one of the ones that was about 8" deep.

I got 2 mercs 104?, 1916, 1 rosie (1964), 1945 war nickel, 6 wheats (3 from griffith park and 3 from another park), one silver ring, and 1 bus token (might be older one).

All three silver dimes came out of nulls. The 1916 merc was just a quick high tone but you couldn't have missed it. As I worked around it I could get a 12/42 to come in every now and then. When I got down to 6 or 7 inches the merc read 12/45. The dirt was super hard at about 6 or 7 inches. I had to chip away about 1 or 2 more inches of dirt to get the merc out.

The rosie was only about 5 or 6 inches deep and it was next to iron and someone had already dug a plug and couldn't find it. When I first hit it the high tone came out of a null and I got a 11/43 to come in. As I circled it 34/45 would come in. When I sized the target it was about the size of a can but since the the 11/43 had come in I thought I'd check it out. All I had to do was flop the plug over and use my probe. I had to widen the hole a little and found the silver rosie.

The war nickel was about 5 inches deep and came in at 12/19 which I thought was strange because the war nickels I've tested at home came in at 12/36,40,44 and 13/40,41,44,45.

The second park I hit today was the first park I've been too where I could only get the sensitivity to 13 and that includes the +3 Range. It's loaded with iron. All I got were three wheats and the deepest coin I dug was only 5 or 6 inches deep.

HH Randy

The rosie was only about 5 or 6 inches deep and it was next to iron and someone had already dug a plug and couldn't find it. When I first hit it the high tone came out of a null and I got a 11/43 to come in. As I circled it 34/45 would come in. When I sized the target it was about the size of a can but since the the 11/43 had come in I thought I'd check it out. All I had to do was flop the plug over and use my probe. I had to widen the hole a little and found the silver rosie.

That is interesting... I am going to have to dig more stuff. I have had some hits like that, I thought they were iron because they hit in the 30s on the iron side. I'll start watching the cond side more on this machine. I guess I had read that the cond side stays steady but it didn't sink in.

J

Nice finds Randy, congrats!

So Griffith Park is still giving up some silvers, I thought you guys had cleaned that place out!

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike,

Griffith Park has been hit hard but every once in awhile you hit one from just the right angle. If they ever redo the lawn there you'll have a million guys detecting at the same time :detecting:

MikeInSF said:
Nice finds Randy, congrats!

So Griffith Park is still giving up some silvers, I thought you guys had cleaned that place out!

HH
Mike