Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Hunt at a Sidewalk Strip

Idaho PRB

I hunted the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street in a location I had not hunted before and came up with the following finds. The dime in the picture on the plug was actually below the plug, I just put it on the plug for the picture. Some of the memorial cents were really deep, some were really close to the surface.The wheats were all at about 6". The second Rosy was only about 3" deep. It rained lightly the whole time I hunted but not enough to stop me. I had the cover on the E-Trac and it kept it nice and dry. I had to leave at 4 PM to pick up my Daughter and was passing up a bunch more memorials, hoping for one more silver. I'll go back as soon as I can and clean them out, maybe another piece of silver will be there. A couple sections were really laden with iron and in those spots I ran in TTF, where it was relatively clean, I ran in conductive. I used the 6X8 SEF coil today and was pretty happy with how it handles. I hit a button just a little smaller but thicker than a Quarter at about 9 or 10" and it hit solid 12-47 both ways, I thought I had a silver quarter. Time spent detecting, about 6 hours. It was nice to get out and forget about the things I like to forget about :)

25 Memorial Pennies
6 Wheat Cents- 1940 D, 1943, 1946 S, 1944, 1958, 1957 D
2 Roosevelt Dimes- 1947, 1951 S
3 Clad Quarters
3 Zincolns
4 Clad Dimes

WTG! Cant wait to get out myself...:thumbup:
Thanks for the pics!

woohoo on the silver and wheaties buddy :clap:

Silver is always nice. Congrats!

Great job on that sidewalk hunt! Congratulations on the finds and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Very nice wheat to silver ratio. I like hunting the parking strips with a smaller coil as well. The older ones seems to have collected quite a bit of metallic stuff over the decades and a smaller coil really help in quickly sorting thru the mess.

thanks for posting.

Rich (Utah)

Real nice !

I like to hunt sidewalks too - you never know what you'll find !

Perfect day of hunting... Looking forward to the thaw.

Thanks for the pic's:thumbup:

Do any of you catch any grief from homeowners, do you knock on doors first?

Nice Finds! Congratulations Silver and Wheats!!

DukeOBass said:
Do any of you catch any grief from homeowners, do you knock on doors first?

The only ones I hunt are where I have secured permission first or the ones in front of county owned property since there is no ordinance against detecting county property. Technically, the strip is owned by the homeowner but the city maintains a right of way. The homeowner could legally keep you from detecting there.

if I may quote you..."It was nice to get out and forget about the things I like to forget about".

That says it all for me.:thumbup:

Forgive my ignorance,,,
what is the diff between a "memorial" and "Zincon" penny thought it was just memorials (that are ALL zincs) and wheats

grouser said:
Forgive my ignorance,,,
what is the diff between a "memorial" and "Zincon" penny thought it was just memorials (that are ALL zincs) and wheats

Lincoln Memorial pennys minted from 1959-1982 are .950 pure copper, 1982-present are 99.2 % zinc. I just call them "Memorials" or "Coppers" if they were the early mintage and "Zincs or Zincolns" for the present day composition. Technically, they are all "Memorials" from 1959 - Present.