Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays hunt had the day off

sasquache

Well it started by looking out my window wondering if the ground was frozen solid. Been itching to swing my minelab Etrac for for the first time. I texted my bud Ed, who is going to meet up with me at a old camp sight here in Southern Southern central Maine. Well, i was hesitant to go but i said what the hey if i can't dig then "oh well" i will just go back home. So after getting to the sight i decided too try and dig. To my surprise, it was unbelievably soft and for January. l powered up the Etrac using the 1-10 ELMYs pattern and did a emi scan after it was all done. I started scanning, but noticed I was kind of going to fast, so i slow myself down and concentrated on the sounds and numbers I was getting. So after a number of junky targets I got a solid mid tone and it was reputable. I dug and this aluminum cap was a good 15 or better inches down. Crazy depth! But this site didn't produce any keepers. I've been hunting this spot for a few year's now so not unexpected. Pulled many bells, mercury dimes,some relics and modern clad.

So after my bud Ed showed up with his minelab ctx 3030, we hunted it for another hour but with no luck. So i mentioned to him lets go hunt the foundation that i found years ago. It was like a 1/2 mile walking distance from where the old camp was. So off we went trekking through the woods, with about 2 inches of snow on the ground and wet. Fun and adventure awaits, I told my bud Ed as we walked. It took me a little bit to remember just where it was but we made it. Boy the weather was beautiful high 30's and no wind. Being a wild game hunter this was a treat. I've spent many cold frigged days below zero hunting rabbit's,Turkey and whitetail deer so this is a treat. We clicked on our detectors on and off we went. I went to the left and he went to the right of the old stone foundation. My first signal was some old aluminum trash and a can. Next i found a nice button with a wreath pattern, it was down about 6 inches sounded like a nickle and very repeatable. I was excited to dig that one. My buddy Ed thought it might be a military button but i wasn't sure. It really needed cleaning. My buddy found a newer memorial penny, and after several other junky finds, my bud had to go and he headed back to his car. I told him I was gonna hang out for a few more minutes, so i did and after no more good finds i headed back through the woods to my car. But as always, while walking through the woods. I leave my detector going and scan as I go. Well guess what? About half way back I got a nice high tone signal. And to my surprise, I unearthed a bent and awesome old shoe buckle! I was like YES!, to myself and continued back to my car. Days like today have me wondering what else lays in wait for me to find when I return someday in the future.

Attachments

• 20210118_120609.jpg
    20210118_120609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • 20210118_120555.jpg
    20210118_120555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20210118_120458.jpg
    20210118_120458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210118_120517.jpg
    20210118_120517.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 20210118_120627.jpg
    20210118_120627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20210118_120618.jpg
    20210118_120618.jpg
    982.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210118_190154.jpg
    20210118_190154.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210118_190212.jpg
    20210118_190212.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Well it started by looking out my window wondering if the ground was frozen solid. Been itching to swing my minelab Etrac for for the first time. I texted my bud Ed, who is going to meet up with me at a old camp sight here in Southern Southern central Maine. Well, i was hesitant to go but i said what the hey if i can't dig then "oh well" i will just go back home. So after getting to the sight i decided too try and dig. To my surprise, it was unbelievably soft and for January. l powered up the Etrac using the 1-10 ELMYs pattern and did a emi scan after it was all done. I started scanning, but noticed I was kind of going to fast, so i slow myself down and concentrated on the sounds and numbers I was getting. So after a number of junky targets I got a solid mid tone and it was reputable. I dug and this aluminum cap was a good 15 or better inches down. Crazy depth! But this site didn't produce any keepers. I've been hunting this spot for a few year's now so not unexpected. Pulled many bells, mercury dimes,some relics and modern clad.

So after my bud Ed showed up with his minelab ctx 3030, we hunted it for another hour but with no luck. So i mentioned to him lets go hunt the foundation that i found years ago. It was like a 1/2 mile walking distance from where the old camp was. So off we went trekking through the woods, with about 2 inches of snow on the ground and wet. Fun and adventure awaits, I told my bud Ed as we walked. It took me a little bit to remember just where it was but we made it. Boy the weather was beautiful high 30's and no wind. Being a wild game hunter this was a treat. I've spent many cold frigged days below zero hunting rabbit's,Turkey and whitetail deer so this is a treat. We clicked on our detectors on and off we went. I went to the left and he went to the right of the old stone foundation. My first signal was some old aluminum trash and a can. Next i found a nice button with a wreath pattern, it was down about 6 inches sounded like a nickle and very repeatable. I was excited to dig that one. My buddy Ed thought it might be a military button but i wasn't sure. It really needed cleaning. My buddy found a newer memorial penny, and after several other junky finds, my bud had to go and he headed back to his car. I told him I was gonna hang out for a few more minutes, so i did and after no more good finds i headed back through the woods to my car. But as always, while walking through the woods. I leave my detector going and scan as I go. Well guess what? About half way back I got a nice high tone signal. And to my surprise, I unearthed a bent and awesome old shoe buckle! I was like YES!, to myself and continued back to my car. Days like today have me wondering what else lays in wait for me to find when I return someday in the future.
Welcome to the power of the etrac......hope you have a long t handle digger !