Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token brought me "good luck" and BIG silver!

gunwolf

while waiting for my buddy Matt to recover from Covid I have been hitting spots I have been to many times before... today I went to a spot that an old school once stood... it's where i found that melted half dollar a while back... with the 13" ultimate and sensitivity on 30...I did my low and slow grid pattern for about 3 hours. about half way through a small dandelion got stuck in my coil and stayed there the rest of the hunt...I also dug my fair share of anything that sounded good trash, was rewarded with a "sparta" bus token and a "good Luck" token... about 6 steps after the good luck token I got a 12-47/48 and thought I had a silver quarter... nope a 1947 Walker! she was in the hole with a rusty bolt so that is why I got the lower reading... at first I thought it was another token by how dark it was...she is also sporting a rust stain where the bolt had been resting.
X8bQe3V.jpg

ZUGzeMV.jpg

wuQfvJA.jpg

aZruvFZ.jpg

Super nice score on the Walker!! Wet the coin then gently rub baking soda on it. Should clean it right up.

Nice, What's with the purse thing?
that's my "bro sack":cool: I'm a minimalist when detecting so no big hip bags or vests... I have been using this one for 12 years now... outside pouch is for keepers, middle big pouch for trash (I empty as it gets full) and the inside pouch holds my spare 9Vfor the PP and also doubles as a hide away for great finds on private permissions...;)

Nice hit on the Walker and tokens. That old spot might be worth another shot or two.
You and I think alike on what we carry afield. Pin pointer in holster on a belt and 2 pocket nail apron. One pocket of the apron is for trash and the other for keeper finds and a small pill bottle with water in it for silver coins/jewelry finds. My digger I carry in my left hand and spare battery in cargo pants pocket. I have a couple of buddies that I hunt with occasionally that when geared up they look like part of a swat team. Vest with bulging pockets and each carry a 3030 Minelab.

Anyway, good hunting! HH jim tn

Nice finds! I do wear a pouch but I only keep minimal equipment in it. I used to have a modified Carhardt nail pouch but I kept getting things damaged.

Nice assortment of awesome finds.