Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took out my Nox 800 for a few minutes after work

Tony N (Michigan)

Took out my Nox 800 for a few minutes after work.
I am just learning the basics of setting it up and working with the 8 levels of speed or whatever you call it. :)

The good:
The detector bangs good on my 9+ inch deep dime and penny but does not give a solid number for each. Close but not solid. Jumps a lot
which is similar to my other Minelab detectors on deepies.

The Bad:
I got some kind of good sounding hits but one turned out to be an old U shaped farm hitch and the others bits of iron or pieces of threaded pipe.

just dig it if your relic hunting don't worry about the trash or iron

I have hit solid 25's at 12" and solid 28's at 12". I don't care if the signal is bouncy because more often than not the dominant signal will show up most often

Bouncy can be from 21 - 25 or 23 - 27. In most cases the lower number is dominant. Most often the higher number rings up at the edge of your sweep and the lower number more in the center

NormS said:
I have hit solid 25's at 12" and solid 28's at 12". I don't care if the signal is bouncy because more often than not the dominant signal will show up most often

Bouncy can be from 21 - 25 or 23 - 27. In most cases the lower number is dominant. Most often the higher number rings up at the edge of your sweep and the lower number more in the center

Thanks NormS. It could be there is just a little bit of small iron nails near the buried coins. I probably should have done a better job prior to digging them.

As to the bouncy numbers 21-15 o4 23-27, if the lower number is dominant, is that telling you it is trash?

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
just dig it if your relic hunting don't worry about the trash or iron

I primarily hunt for coins 1st and jewelry 2nd.
Sometimes I'm surprised with a nice old button or krotal bell or some odd artifact.

Man what settings are you guys using hitting coins at 12”!!! I have not come close to that depth with my Equinox!
No way my Deus will hit deeper with a 9” LF coil!
And more accurate? I hit a walker half last night 97 on Deus I knew silver half yep 45 walker!

It will get better. The more you use it, the more you will understand it. Always remember that your settings should match your targets and site. Higher recovery speed helps see goodies in trash but you lose depth. Increasing iron bias helps eliminate iron falses but you will lose out on coins next to iron.

Park1 and Field1 are better for copper and silver coins, Park2 and Field2 hit much deeper on nickels and other low conductors, although the #1 modes aren't bad either.

Good luck, keep getting out there!

Jason in Enid said:
It will get better. The more you use it, the more you will understand it. Always remember that your settings should match your targets and site. Higher recovery speed helps see goodies in trash but you lose depth. Increasing iron bias helps eliminate iron falses but you will lose out on coins next to iron.

Park1 and Field1 are better for copper and silver coins, Park2 and Field2 hit much deeper on nickels and other low conductors, although the #1 modes aren't bad either.

Thanks I've been trying all settings to see what works best for my area...

I haven't got my 600 yet but with the xterra 705 i would have to lower the Sensitivity a little to stop the numbers from jumping around, i wonder if the Equinox is the same. Also by practicing a lot the Minelabs get easier to use, it seems you just have to get use to this machine a little more that other models.

Thanks mate :)
Last night after work I took the Nox out into what used to be the old apple orchard. It is now plowed field.
I was happy to find two quarters which were almost silver, 1965 was one of them. It is a HUGE field. I can't help
but believe that after all the years of migrants and others working in the orchard that they didn't lose some silver coins.
This farm goes back to the very early 1800's. I have yet to find any really old coins going into the 1800's for all the years
I have detected this farm with many different detectors. Maybe someday . . . .?

Jason in Enid said:

On my coin garden, If I set my Recovery Speek around 3 and bump up the Sensitivity to around 20 to 23 I can easily
hit a penny and dime at 9+ inches. So a quarter at 12 inches would be a piece of cake and as we all know, a piece of cake is
not only easy but tasty. :beers:

Tony get out the big coils and locate the hotspots got to cover a lot of ground to hone in the hotspots . sube