Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Totally Confused

Tell you the truth, I will swap out to the 6" coil first before running any program with discrimination. The CTX does quite well in trashy areas especially with it running in "High Trash" Combined mode that I still don't bother with any discrimination. Reduce the coil size and you can get even better separation, it sees less minerals, allows for higher Manual sensitivity, thus possibly reading deeper than the 11" in the same soil.

Example.... A little over a week ago, I popped a near perfect 1942 Merc right at 6" deep with the 6" coil that rang up loud and clear running in Manual at 26-27. Followed by four deep Wheaties at 5-6". I tried the same area first with the 11" coil and it was picking up too much of the ground minerals per swing causing it to false annoyingly on anything above 21 in Manual to give me reliable tones. Thus why I swapped for the 6" coil. Granted this was just a curb line, and not a huge park or field. I love that little dirt sniffer!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! You folks with all of your knowledge sure help us lamo's with little or no knowledge out. I just want to say thank you from one of the lamo's.

Went back to the same curb line as stated above, and worked another 50-60 feet. 16 Lincolns, 8 Wheats, 3 clad dimes, 1 clad quarter, 1 Jeffy nick, a really nice 46 Rosie, and two iron buckles. Everything was 5-6" with the 6" coil.

Two of the Wheats were sitting on rusty nails, one of which was a 6" long rusty nail. Heard the Wheats loud and clear, with the iron grunt mixed in from running no disc combined mode. Still got another 50-60 feet of this curb line to clean up.

Then I will go back with the 11" coil and see if by chance I can sniff out anything I missed.