Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRASFER PROGRAMS BY USB

wrong way ron

Anybody here when were getting the USB thing so we can transfer programs to each other over the computer? How you also heard how much there going to cost?

I assume you mean the dongle!
That is ready to go, but as I understand, the computer program itself is causing major headaches for the development team.
As for price, thats anybodys guess.
Will have to wait and see!!

Happy hunting..

Rob.

Must mean the dongle because I've yet to see a USB plug on the V. ;)

I don't think sharing programs is going to be every effective for the V. It's one of those detectors that IMO must be matched to the soil and conditions you are hunting therefore you should only share programs with local guys and in that case just fire it over using the built in V3 transfer.

The idea of the dongle isn't something I'm going to need. I do agree with Racer X, about programs for different parts of the country. I can completely set up a new program in a few minutes, especially using the common program feature. The dongle may work for some, I just don't think it's for me. Rob

Programming multiple "like" programs and just doing a program jump is great for changing situations. Still...having them on a computer program and shooting them to your box would be nice for me at least. Do I think it is a major need? Pretty far down the list. The only thing, that I wish could come in an update, would probably be a normalizing of VDI's with a frequency shift. (That offset is proving to be a big help in tough spots Rob...and thank you for that post.)

Ausibloke said:
I assume you mean the dongle!
[size=x-large]That is ready to go, but as I understand, the computer program itself is causing major headaches for the development team.
As for price, thats anybodys guess.[/size]

Will have to wait and see!!

Happy hunting..

Rob.

*****************************************************************************************​

Hi there Rob.......Where did you get your info from?

When I talked to Engineering, they said the software is the easy part........The Dongle project has been put on the back burner for now, but we went through this about 6 months ago. I don't think sales will substantiate production, IMHO.

Well having spoken to Whites over here in the U.K. they say they have no idea when this is getting released !!! The only good thing if this ever comes out, is the capability of saving your programs to a pc, for ease.....

I keep looking for it also (i live in Michigan) but i also see it as a way to update the firmware or embeded software program itself without sending in your detector, remember this thing has three computers running for each channel. and just like everything computer driven it can be refined and tweaked a little

awolf10421 said:
I keep looking for it also (i live in Michigan) but i also see it as a way to update the firmware or embeded software program itself without sending in your detector, remember this thing has three computers running for each channel. and just like everything computer driven it can be refined and tweaked a little

Problem here my friend, is I can see White's saying no chance ! If we bodge the V3 up then they would not be liable, could be a nightmare for them ???

Dave

Carl has already posted concerning the dongle. There will be no updating with the dongle.. That was not the intention. It will be for exchanging programs only. I agrre with Larry, "I don't think sales will substantiate production, IMHO."

Never meant to imply that the dongle would be for updating. Just was saying what would be a worthwhile new "thing". I'm with you guys on sayin' the dongle is fairly low priority.

wrong way ron said:
You would think Whites would have this out at the same time the V3 hit the market but Hey Im willing to wait I really like my V3.

LOL...Like we should get a MANUAL with a new machine:)

Jerry

a.c.t.i.v.8 said:
awolf10421 said:

Problem here my friend, is I can see White's saying no chance ! If we bodge the V3 up then they would not be liable, could be a nightmare for them ???

Dave

Yes Dave i have seen that with BIOS updates on computers before although the V3 is a whole new breed of machine driven by software (you can see this when you fire up the machine each time) then again they built in so many pre set programs that you can tweek and also make your own....it can be a mind twisting (but fun) im spending the winter time just looking at the spread sheets that some people have put together. in short though even if the software became corrupt on the V3 its just a matter of uploading new at the factory unless it was a hardware issue of course.

awolf10421 said:
a.c.t.i.v.8 said:
awolf10421 said:

Dave

Yes Dave i have seen that with BIOS updates on computers before although the V3 is a whole new breed of machine driven by software (you can see this when you fire up the machine each time) then again they built in so many pre set programs that you can tweek and also make your own....it can be a mind twisting (but fun) im spending the winter time just looking at the spread sheets that some people have put together. in short though even if the software became corrupt on the V3 its just a matter of uploading new at the factory unless it was a hardware issue of course.

Yes I agree with you. Whites are a little slow coming forward with this dongle to be honest....

There will most likely be an editing function, to the downloads from computer, and doubt that you would be able to not clear up a bad transfer. Guess clearing up a virus wouldn't be as easy though so bet it's a complex project to finalize. The whole late release manual thing didn't keep me from learning the machine but it was a pain for some things. Water under the bridge at this point

I just wonder how many times a person might use a Dongle? Looks like something that might be novel and be used 1or 2 times then be boxed up from lack of interest.My way of thinking is most of my programs have to be set for my ground or location and situation in field.Well I don't have a lap top with me out detectin to change my settings nor would I want one. All programs are built on a few basic programs so in reality the need for such a thing would only be good for say a big hunt together or something like that.Thus then the program could be shared on spot with the detectors anyway though the sharing capabilities of the V3 anyway.Then comes personel preference and hunting style. Everybody does not detect the same so someone else's program again would have to be tweeked for there style. Think I will stay with my own way of doing it and not worry about a dongle.This is my opinion. Happy Hunting Yazoo

really I wouldn't expect to pay for it...

Frankly I would like to have one but I don't want one bad enough to buy it.

Julien