Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

trash coil for e-trac

jmaryt

was wondering WHY minelab doesn't offer a 5" trash coil for the e-trac?
it appears the x-5 sunray coil is the only one available!..i know they offer an 8" coil,
but no 5" coil!..apparently they feel the 8" coil is as good as the 5" aftermarket coil in the junk?
just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

That is a good question. Maybe there is already too much competition for that slot with the SunRay, SEF and EQ2 aftermarket coils available to warrant producing a smaller Minelab coil? I'm just happy we do have some choices out there. I used to have the X-Terra 70 and you had to use Minelab's coils on it. That was a bummer because there was a particular coil I really wanted to see and Minelab never made it available and no one else could get the chip to make it aftermarket.

Take a look at 6" DD EXcelerator for the Explorer/E-Trac. I have both the Sunray 5" and the Excelerator 6" and prefer the 6" coil.

Only having the Sunray X-5, can't really compare to others, but I can say the separation is so phenomenal, I don't see the need to buy another. Unless they make one that gets the same depth as the large coils.... I used to have an older coinmaster and had a bigfoot coil. Some people frown at them but I'd like to have one that goes as deep or deeper than the regular coils so I can cover the big hay fields near the river... I may hunt 20 mins without a signal but when I get one its usually a metal arrow head or musket....

I have the 8 " minelab and it works very well at cellar holes with major iron. Ive never tried the 5" from any maker. I thought the 8 was very good.

I've never used the SunRay X-5 five - but I have heard a lot of great things about it.
I got a 6" Excelerator coil a few months ago and I really like it - great in trash - great in tight spots - goes deep !

Great separation with the X-5, great for tight areas, big help in trash. I was just informed by KellyCo, that Minelab was no longer making the 8" coil after having one on back order for the past 6mos.

I just got the Excelerator 4.5x7 DD. I've only had it a few days so it has not been used much.. The first time out in the back yard I found a dime, so that is a good sign. It's small enough to carry in a fanny pack which I think I may do if I am not using is as my primary coil. If I hit a real trashy area that warrants further inspection I could swap it out on the spot. Just a concept. I haven't tried it in practice yet. When I leave my vehicle I am usually far enough away that I would not want to walk back just to get another coil.

jmaryt said:
was wondering WHY minelab doesn't offer a 5" trash coil for the e-trac?
it appears the x-5 sunray coil is the only one available!..i know they offer an 8" coil,
but no 5" coil!..apparently they feel the 8" coil is as good as the 5" aftermarket coil in the junk?
just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

they are very close in size.
the sunray is actually 5.5" outside diameter.
the minelab 8" is actually 7.25" outside diameter.

maybe they felt there was no market for another coil just an inch or so smaller than one they already make.

Kellyco offers a 5" solid double D excelerator coil for about $100.00...I have one for my Etrac and it seems to be just fine.. you just cannot cover a lot of ground very fast...but it does work...

silverpark said:
I was just informed by KellyCo that Minelab was no longer making the 8" coil after having one on back order for the past 6mos.

Minelab is still showing the 8" coil on their website here.

Tony Two-Cent said:
silverpark said:
I was just informed by KellyCo that Minelab was no longer making the 8" coil after having one on back order for the past 6mos.

Give me a bit. I'm talking to Minelab to find out what's going on. We DO have an email from them saying the coil was "obsolete" but it does look like it's still on their site.

Stay tuned!

Tony Two-Cent said:
silverpark said:

Ok. I think I got to the bottom of it. Minelab asked us to take it down while they get caught up on making them-which we did. Currently they are back-ordered. I"m not sure why, but I'm sure they have a good reason. If any of you have a back order on them I can make you aware if and when they become available. We took it off our website as the date we WILL get some is unknown and we didn't want to mislead anyone or make you wait