Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trashy Park

Tom_in_CA said:
charlie, I don't doubt you've scored those. Your reputation as a forum contributor and hunter is impeccable. The offer was not to "find better stuff" (than you could in your own back-pocket sites). The offer was one of technology.

And I'm guessing all those rings are beach finds, right ? And ... if they are turf finds, no venture as to ratios of aluminum to gold ?

I understand if you decline the offer. We've all got jobs, lives, etc... I can't even get anyone LOCAL to meet up and prove it. I've had several within driving distance (including 2 dealers), where .... all that is heard is the sound of cricket when the challenge is made.

I'm a director in a large global firm not retired yet. I'm also limited in driving/detecting right now due to recent spine surgery and I had my right hip replaced. Still recovering from that, hence I spend more time hanging around the forum than detecting.

Yes most all of my gold with a few exceptions have been beach finds. I spent the first 8 years or so digging parks and cellar holes looking for high conductive coins. I could care less about nickels or gold in those days I hunted for silver, large cents, and colonials.

Then I switched entirely to hunting saltwater beaches. At first I REALLY sucked at beach hunting, its a different animal. Over time I got better at it to where now beaches fear me!

N/T