Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRouble with copying a mode from XChange to CTX

I made a new mode and pattern in CTX, Copied it (no problems) to XChange to edit it further and create another mode with a very similar pattern set except for the pull tab range. I need two modes because in each one, I want the second pattern to be wide open. Anyway; I tried to copy the first mode in XChange and started to move it around the collections / Files / Trash but, apparently Minelab did not anticipate that anybody may want to duplicate a mode in XChange(???!!!) Well, if they did, they did not make it easy! OK, I thought that I can copy my edited mode back to CTX to copy it there BUT I have a problem. I move the mode from Collection to CTX, on the right bottom of the XChange I get a message "1 item copied". I open the CTX folder in the XChange and it's there BUT after I disconnect CTX, it's nowhere to be found! Connecting it back to XChange, it doesn't show in the CTX...
Hmm, I'm playing as I'm typing. I think, I figured that one. I removed "Coins" mode in CTX and there was nothing in the slot for mode1. OK, I copied "Coins" from the XChange to CTX and my new mode. Coins went to slot1 and my "CanCoins no PT" went into slot 6. So far so good. In CTX, I saved my "CanCoins no PT" as new. OK, I got a "Mode7". Now, I tried to copy that to XChange and got a "conflict" message telling me that the mode is a duplicate and that I have to select to use either data from CTX or from the XChange. What the h... I mean down under.... the earth. I DO WANT TO DUPLICATE SETTINGS under different names and the one in CTX is named "Mode7" and there is no such in my XChange collections but, whichever one I chose, I was ending up with a single mode in XChange! Playing more with it.
Got it! Now, I really think that programming department in Minelab should be renamed to Mindgames! It wasn't enough to "save as new" in CTX - the system still seen it exactly the same as the source mode and refused to copy a duplicate. In CTX, I edited the new mode - just changed target separation from High Trash to Ferrous Coin and after that, the new mode copied to XChane without any problems! Now, I really hope that Mindgames guys will make it a bit easier in the future. Hmm, actually, now I know that it is easy. I just didn't know how to do it. Maybe they should just say something about it in the manual and in the meantime, my adventure may help somebody wanting to do what I did.

The only thing you forgot to do was to safely eject CTX before disconnecting from computer. This is how you do that.
In the lower right hand corner of your screen, right above the clock, click the hidden icon button, then click the safe to
eject button. Disconnect USB, and wait for CTX to cycle. Then the data you have saved to the CTX will be stored.

Thanks for sharing your experience Andrew, I'm sure it will save someone a headache.

GateKeeper said:
The only thing you forgot to do was to safely eject CTX before disconnecting from computer. This is how you do that.
In the lower right hand corner of your screen, right above the clock, click the hidden icon button, then click the safe to
eject button. Disconnect USB, and wait for CTX to cycle. Then the data you have saved to the CTX will be stored.

:rage: Thanks GateKeeper for putting it so gently and not calling me stupid which in this case I really deserved! :rage:
Too bad that I can't edit my original post and add your note to it so others would not blame Minelab (like I did) for their computers buffering the data.
Hopefully, they will read your response which will help them much more than my OP.