Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

True Story

There once was this man, who had only been metal detecting a few months. He had gone to several sites, and had only found clad coins. He was always happy, just to find stuff, however he was waiting for the day he came home with an old coin. He went out to a site he had never hunted before, and found several clad coins. Suddenly he got a 8 inch reading, and figured he had found something great. He digs down and the first thing he sees on the coin is 1890. He is so excited, that he goes back to his truck for water to see what

Lol. Those Damn quarter's get me all the time too. Just think though. In 150 yrs. those will be a great find probably.

Keep your dreams, someday.....

You'll break into the 1800's in no time if you keep at it. That first one is tough.

Great story Louie! Watch for that eagle you haven't seen before!!

That would have been exciting if it were me too. Can't believe it was 8" deep. My goodness, there must have been fill dirt there. Your day will come for that 1800's coin.

Loved your story Louie....:biggrin: The secret to those 1800's coins is...................location, location, location........ Your best bet is private property that has not been hunted by others. It takes a little nerve to start asking permission to hunt other peoples yards, but after a while it comes a lot easier.