Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TTF. You got me!!! :smile:

shawnIN

after reading about TTF and how good it is in iron, I decided to force myself to slow down and learn it. After watching a couple youtube videos, Thanks G4E, to see what to look for I head out to an old park we have beat to death over the last several years. It is to the point that if you find a wheatie, it is a good day. I was looking for only deep signals and I passed a lot of shallow stuff today. The first was a wheatie at about 6 inches. Took only about 15 minutes to sniff this out. Over the next half hour, I manged 3 more wheaties. They are 1917, 1919, 1926, 1944. I was running out of time as I had things to do and I new it was going to be a short hunt, so I went over to an are that has produced many silvers and indians in the past. The reuslt was this beautiful 1845 half dime. Every signal had iron all around it. I am sold on TTF. I used the stock coil today, but next time I get a chance to hit it again, the X-8 with be my choice. :detecting:

Beautiful coin! You are definitely right about TTF. Once I learned it, it is all I use anymore

WOW! What an Incredible find from a well worked area! TTF is like having a secret weapon. It still amazes me that there are awesome coins like that still left in parks. I know the hole hurts the value, but I think it adds so much character. You can definitely tell they used a square nail to punch it out. Congrats on your Beautiful Half Dime, That is a tough one to find! :thumbup:

Great finds - congrats !

Yes, the more you use 2TF the more you get tuned into it.
You might want to consider getting a small coil in the future if possible - 5" - 6" or a 4.5" x 7" - the smaller coils separate better in heavy iron areas and really make the good targets stand out !

Thanks for the advice. I have a Sunray X-5 & X-8 coils. It is supposed to quit raining this morning, so I hope to go back and see how they do.

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Great finds - congrats !

Yes, the more you use 2TF the more you get tuned into it.
You might want to consider getting a small coil in the future if possible - 5" - 6" or a 4.5" x 7" - the smaller coils separate better in heavy iron areas and really make the good targets stand out !