Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuesday's Hunt, Silver & Wheats

Idaho PRB

I went to a local park yesterday for a couple hours. I detected in a spot that I have checked three different times this year and the ground was always frozen. It is in a protected spot that doesn't get much sunshine, so stayed frozen longer than most. I found the crustiest wheats I have ever found there. Don't know exactly why they are so bad. A couple of them look like the copper almost melted? Pits and bumps are noticable under magnification. Glad there wasn't a key date amongst them. Anyway, all the wheats and both dimes came from a very small area. Can't wait to go back again and see what else I can find. I used the 8X6 SEF Coil on this hunt.
I ended up with

Wheats; 1919, 1919, 1919 D, 191?, 1920, 1930
Barber Dime; 1916 S
Roosevelt Dime; 1964 D

That was a very productive hunt Jeff:thumbup:

Congrats on all the goodies....and good luck on the return trip my friend.

The barber looks like somebody dropped it the day they got it from the bank:thumbup:

Nice finds! Thanks for the story and the pictures. Congratulations on the finds!

NebTrac

Hello Bryce,

I have viewed your comments about detecting since i started on the forum and i always felt it spoke for me
recently i was elected to our MD club board and at our last meeting a member indicated that she did not go detecting on a regular
basis because (unlike myself) she was too busy.

My response was that i viewed detecting as therapy and meditation.
It allows me to put everything out of my head except the task at hand..detecting.

I am a wife, mother, professional( I need to wear a suit while working and went to graduate school) and belong to several organizations and attend events
for my children on a regular basis but I cant wait to go detecting and have carved out time no matter what else was be planned.

So congrats to Idaho PRB and especially luv that Barber dime and Happy Hunting everyone

Hey, thanks everyone! Every one of you motivate me, I learn from all of you and I really appreciate the way you handle yourselves on this forum. It is a pleasure to belong to a group of great people that share the same interest. Happy hunting all!

Nice hunt PRB! That Barber is beautiful, we are in the midst of another 4-6 inches of snow, so this weekend looks iffy............................

Great hunt - beautiful coins !!!

Super nice Barber. Getting to be a rarity in that condition these days. I like the Silver Rosie as well. Silver is Silver. As they say Silver is a poor mans Gold and I'm a poor man. Congrats and hope you find many more. Rick : IL