Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tumbling and cleaning coins much faster....

Salida I sent you a message. I hope it helps you?

WIHawker I used vinegar, salt and lemon juice on the silver (clad). I didn't have to release pressure in that mixture. This formula worked ok.

Grumpy told me about lemon juice and water. So that was my next experiment was on pennies.

I tumbled the pennies with the lemon juice and water formula and I had to release pressure in the drum after about 2 to 3 minutes into the tumbling session. After I released the pressure build up in the drum and resealed the drum the rest of the tumbling session was fine.
Thanks for replies and with your help we should get it down to a real short tumbling sessions and saving many hours of tumbling time.... Z

I am really impressed. I tried it a second time and it only took an hour to clean the clad.
I think the problem with the first batch was that I used a drop of liquid dish soap; that is what crreated the pressure and exploded on me.
DON'T USE SOAP!
Salida

I am really surprised, I have always used a DROP of detergent and mine have never exploded, but use what works for you.

[attachment 243124 clad.jpg]

Holey moley that is a lot of coins Larry. Great detecting......Z

Thanks, but that was just a small batch, I think it was about $160. Nancy and I have found as much as $1400 of clad in one year. The numbers are less now that we are getting older and we are doing more old coin hunting but the clad adds up............ the pennies too :biggrin:

The way I look at digging pennies is that every 220, is equal to a silver dime to me whether I convert them to silver or not.

Have any of you had a problem with your Quarters, Dimes, and Nickels turning a greenish/yellow color while tumbling? I have been using the recipe we have been discussing here. I cant figure out whats going on. The crud cleaned off the coins good but left this awful color to them. I cant win!!!

Try coke...