Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuning the tone bins

jas415

A question about what happens in order to get 5 useful bins, if you set the first bin from -9 to +10, then the nickel bin, then a third bin for 14-17, then the 4th bin for 19-24, and the 5th for 25 up. What happens then if you hit the horseshoe button and disc out the iron signals. Do you still get the -90 to +10 audio or just the 0 to +10??

When you hit the horse shoe button nothing is disc'ed. It becomes "all metal" and reports everything.

Dean

I understand the 'all metal' when it is not disced out, but my question is what happens to the 0 to -9 audio tones using a larger bin one, up to +10, and then hit the horseshoe to disc out the iron audio. Do you lose only from -9 to 0, or do you lose some of the higher tones in that tone bin? I run it that way now, 5 tones, to get more separation in the upper numbers, but I think it is conflicting someway when targets are in that low range. I will do some tests to see what it is actually going on.

Hitting the horseshoe button does not DISC out anything...... in fact it opens the screen to all targets being heard. Hit it again and you go into your pattern that you have made in the ACCEPT/REJECT which will sound off based on your tone break. However you have your bins set up .... and notched is what you will hear. IE.... if you have -9 to +10 you hear them all with the tone you set for each bin. if your ACCEPT/REJECT is -2 and up ....those are the tone you hear unless you hit the AM button. THERES where your change takes place...... then you will hear all your tones based on your tone break. The way you said your bins were set up if you dont have any digits disc as well..... you are using AM... and that AM button wont do anything.