Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Turned my CTX on yesterday and this showed up.

bcoop

I sent Minelab an e-mail with a picture. I'm going to call them as soon as they open this morning and get direction. Factory reset did not correct, however at first the whole left side was not back lit, now there is a little trying to light back up on the left lower corner as pictured. I've not had a minutes trouble out of this machine and it is one of the first to hit the dealer.

Well, at least it is on the side that the good targets don't appear...

I left mine in the back of my truck on day. It bounced around and ended up having the same issue. It resolved itself a few days later.

Update: I was off yesterday, so I called Minelab as soon as they opened up. Spoke with John Watson, as I began explaining that I turned on my CTX and the left side of the screen, he replied by saying, "you have a black line down the side of it."

He knew what was wrong before I got all the information out to him. John took my information and serial number and requested to call me back within 5 to 10 minutes. Five minutes later he indeed called me back with an RMA number to send in for repair. The diodes are going out, in which the whole screen will need to be replaced. He also said estimate of 15 days turn around but usually a lot quicker than that.

I haven't been on the forum much for quite awhile, but I still drop in from time to time see how things are going.

Have a good summer guys/gals and Happy Hunting.

BCOOP

When you work on machines and see this stuff everyday 99% of the time it has happen before, and not hard to diagnose. Good Luck and I'm sure they will get her back in working order...

Is this the same pro lem starting . Seems like i just read this on Tuesday and now Weds I notice my machine doing it. The problem I have is... I just looked in my box and see the whole warranty card still there. Think Minelab will still honor the repair?

Hmmm ! Now the question is ...... 'Is this a sign of low cost and low quality parts in a $2500.00 detector ?' I sure hope not !!!!

Well, lets hope not on cheap components. However, it seems like a trend to drive profit these days. Raising price is not usually first, cutting cost is. I have faith in Monelab and all reports of service ate usually good.

My CTX is in the shop now as of 06/03/14 bad gui card / LCD screen. I was detecting and the retrace on left side started growing and turning black looks like yours but oblong circle. I shut if off and it was about the size of a penny. Pixels on left side of screen are bad. My CTX will be 1 yr old end of July I have about 60 -70 hours use on it and have not tried it in water yet. I am hoping that this is not going to be repeating issue, that it was just a bad LCD and not a batch of LCD screens produced that have an issue. I was told ten to twelve days repair time in Lisle IL. Minelab has been good to me before on service of my Excalibur ii.

My machine was logged in for repair June 5th. Via e-mail a week later they were working on machines logged in from May 30th. Again as stated, Max 15 days unless they have an influx of several machines for repairs.
Beach vacation starts July 12th, so thankfully I have plenty of time. Just replaced my Excalibur knobs and knock on wood my E-Trac is running well so I have back up.

mcb613 said:
Is this the same pro lem starting . Seems like i just read this on Tuesday and now Weds I notice my machine doing it. The problem I have is... I just looked in my box and see the whole warranty card still there. Think Minelab will still honor the repair?

Maybe if you have original receipt but as stated in their policy you have 30 days from date of purchase to register. It takes about 2 minutes via their website. Good luck!

Logged in for repair on June 5th, received back on June 26th.

Not bad I suppose, all things considered I doubt turnaround time from many big companies would be much better.

I can't complain, I'm just glad I had time to send it in for repair before vacation starts.