Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Turtle on a chain.

mudpuppy

This morning, big cold NW wind, rain and sleet...perfect for hunting in the vast wasteland totlots between the MurderMart and the Stop'N Rob...A guy can only hit these inner city places on days like this in the Fall months, even then its not safe, head on a swivel, roll up, quick broom, and be gone in less than 10 minutes is the style..No dillydallying or shillyshallying! These inner city totters/parks have potential for some really great finds, but they also have potential for a fellow to get robbed or killed in...I dressed appropriately, like a poor bum, but with an awareness and posture that poses a larger than life profile and a 'not worth the risk' signature to anyone thinking otherwise...

Unfortunately, even in this weather there were zombies afoot! Lounging around on the periphery, holed up in the dugouts. Heroin is a powerful drug! The only creatures that have any reason to be out in this weather are duckhunters or ducks! After a few low altitude passes, I got the creeps...when it 'dont feel right', it aint right!...So off to a soccerfield in the burbs I went without stopping...nice and peaceful, this little turtle sounded like a pulltab, I think the chain is silver, its not marked, but it has the right look, smell, and is non-magnetic, I believe the turtle is pewter, for it sounded low and is not marked or anything that a guy would hope for..running the F70 quickbroom, got the clad and the tokens, a 10 c euro...fun anyway, I think there should be some gold in here, I've got 6 silver rings out of this place in the past few years...
Mud

Lol....nice finds mud...i have a couple of spots where a pinpointer/glock combo is needed as well..it's not as fun when you keep lookin over your shoulder..hh!!

Nice finds Mud. Gotta be careful in some of those parks in the city. Years ago I went to the worst small park in the city, found some gold, but now I stay away, just not worth it.

Hi Mud, your probe looks just like mine. I ground mine round and flat. Been using it for ages.
Any way, I like the chain and turd. Coming out of the ground looking like that. I would say silver... KEN

Thanks guys...Hey Ken, that screwdriver started out as a flat blade, and just by pushing it into the dirt so much, it is now very very sharp...It didnt take too long either, after a few months the thing gets filed down by the dirt.
Mud

Nice going on the turtle & chain! As for hunting in high crime urban spots I know from experience the risks. I will spare the long winded stories other than to say hunting partners, 2 way radios and consealed a carry permit are prerequisites to decrease the odds of a "bad day". That much concern can take some of the fun out the persuit we enjoy.
Be well.
HH - Bruce

Nice saves, Mud.. I sometimes dream about returning and hitting some of the parks in The Bronx where we played as kids, prior to joining the white-flight move to the suburbs in the mid-sixties. Bruce, sounds like your prerequisites are as close to safely hunting those urban parks without the National Guard having your back. :beers:

Nice hunt, mud!
Slow and steady wins the race they say.
Oh wait...you used the quick-broom method.
I guess "they" don't know what they are talking about.

Nice finds. Got my new Gold Bug Pro and the 5" NEL Sharp coil. I can pick up my wife's gold chains at a round 5" so should be good for picking through the sand and tot lots. That's where I will be tomorrow.