Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

two firsts for me

dougj7

From my last 2 hunts in an old park with the CTX. I found my 1st 3 cent silver, and my 1st seated half, a Connecticut copper and a 14k gold ring.

Wow what a great spot that obviously covers a lot of years. I love those Ct coppers. If you can post a close up I can likely get the variety for you if the condition is good enough. If looks like it is pretty good. A big old silver as well. Man that's a damn good day. Congrats. Those trimes are not easy to find either. Any one of those would be a killer day in my book

Just took a closer look and I think you have a King George 2 British half penny. The Ct coppers say AUCTORI CONNEC on them

Thanks for the correction Ahab, I just looked again and it is a British half penny. They are very similar.

WOW ! That was two fantastic hunts. it would take something special to top those. Congrats.

OUTSTANDING finds - congrats ! :clapping:

Great hunts Doug! A seated half is an awesome find in and of itself, but to add a 3 cent silver and a gold class ring. That's just jaw dropping, congrats. I can just imagine the pile of trash you picked up to find those 4 little treasures?

That's a hunt to always remember, you knocked it outta the park :clap:! Congrats! Love those coins!
Try and resist the urge to rub dirt off silvers - checking the date can wait. Those fine stairiations just kill the numismatic value and break the good patina. Plastic air tight pill bottle with water in my finds pouch is where I place silver.
When I open it after a few minutes (or later) much of the dirt has usually fallen off. Letting warm running water usually gets the rest off with out having to rub. For the copper Verdi-Care will arrest the verdigris forming on it.
HH - Bruce