Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

U - S - A

Dig2Deep

Welcome find from a spot that has been giving for years. Hard to see but it’s my first USA button. Very Happy

Attachments

• D3E0A7F8-1DA0-4996-A51F-182056595FC0.jpeg
    D3E0A7F8-1DA0-4996-A51F-182056595FC0.jpeg
    813.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 09C6F0BE-8D50-4F53-9EC7-430491A3DB96.jpeg
    09C6F0BE-8D50-4F53-9EC7-430491A3DB96.jpeg
    876 KB · Views: 121
  • 30EED40B-053A-45E2-87E9-4D69A032682B.jpeg
    30EED40B-053A-45E2-87E9-4D69A032682B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Awesome find there Dig2Deep!! You SHOULD be very happy! Congrats.
HH okie

That's a great find. They don't come up very often.

Do you live in St. Augustine? Daughter and son-in-law used to live in Jacksonville. My grandson was born there.
Every time we visited I would always go to St. Augustine. So interesting.
HH okie

Thereabout okie. No detecting in st Augustine though. The head archaeologist sees us as the enemy. Totally illegal unless on private property with permission. Lots of history in the area though.

On one trip my daughter took us to Anastasia State Park. I had my detector with me and I asked the people at the entrance
in the little guard shack if it was ok to detect. The woman said wait just a minute and talked to somebody inside and also talked to
someone by phone. She said go ahead. All I found was a small amount of clad and a rusty ID bracelet. But this was 10 years ago.

HH okie

Okie, the state parks leave it up to the head park ranger to decide if it’s ok or not. Most of our beaches get hit pretty hard by the old school pros. If you find good stuff at the beach, it probably hit the dirt very recently. Still nice to go walk the beach with a machine from time to time.

Dig2Deep. great piece of history that you saved there, WTG.

"Thereabout okie. No detecting in St Augustine though. The head archaeologist sees us as the enemy. Totally illegal unless on private property with permission. Lots of history in the area though."

I blame that dopey former wrestler's tv show for ruining it for the rest of us in the St Augustine area. :rant:

Dig2Deep. great piece of history that you saved there, WTG.

"Thereabout okie. No detecting in St Augustine though. The head archaeologist sees us as the enemy. Totally illegal unless on private property with permission. Lots of history in the area though."

I blame that dopey former wrestler's tv show for ruining it for the rest of us in the St Augustine area. :rant:
Was it that Savage guy or someone else? Wasn't it the show where they would get a lil ole signal and then
bring in a backhoe? Yeah stupid for TV and stupid for our hobby.
HH okie

Last edited:
Yes, Savage it was. IMO, it was all about digging history to profit. Not our ethics or legacy......At least those American Digger guys showed true interest in our heritage for the sake of preservation.
I actually enjoyed the Netflix detectorist show across the pond a couple of years ago. I think it ran two seasons, .Showed the passion of our hobby underscored by the two main characters family relationships.... check it out if you can ..HH