Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ugly silver.......................

My two detecting partners and myself have been pounding a park for a few weeks. We've all done well but todays finds for me are a first. I've never found two silver quarters on the same day, throw in the 1921 walker and I'm on cloud nine. I know they look bad but silver is silver:detecting: All the silver and most of the wheats came out of nulls. Using Andy's coin program. The walker was a shocker because I was getting a one way 12-46/47 reading. One thing that sticks out in my mind is how big the rim of the coin looked sticking out of the pile of dirt on my drop cloth. My eyes almost bugged out.Think I also scared my detecting partner when I started yelling his name :detecting:

Todays finds: 1921 walker, 1942,1952 silver quarters, 1942,1943 mercs, 1950 rosie, and 13 wheat's (oldest 1930 & 1937). HH

Very nice finds there,Congrats on a great day!

LabradorBob

By "came out of nulls" do you mean that it was in a crappy spot that was nulled out and the etrac gave you that lovely silvery beepery right through it?

It was an iffy target that had iron close to it. After removing the coin I was still getting a kind of stuttering tone. Ended up being a rusted screw in the same hole and more iron at the bottom of the hole. Can't explain the tone. You need to hear the tone to understand it.

Awesome job Randy! Very nice story and thanks for the pictures man! Keep it up!

NebTrac

RandyNorthridgeca said:
It was an iffy target that had iron close to it. After removing the coin I was still getting a kind of stuttering tone. Ended up being a rusted screw in the same hole and more iron at the bottom of the hole. Can't explain the tone. You need to hear the tone to understand it.

yes you are right we do need to hear it so if you could video it for us next time it would be great reading about your hunt dont you find they go like that you can go out and have a cracking time going from target to target digging and finding really good stuff these are the days i love and then the next day very little i am sure it must be the amount of moisture in the soil that makes the difference or it might be a confidence thing as i also find that when i dig a good target for my first find i seem to go from strength to strength anyway well dug two silvers in a day thats what i call a good hunt

Awesome finds! If that 42 quarter has a D mint mark,look at it very closely,double die obverse and reverse are worth some money.

WTG Randy! It has been a year since my last WL but I do remember the sweet sound and then the 06-08/47 and I am excited before I even start to dig! Terry in San Diego