Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

unusual site

longbone

Found these in a small area about 40 feet dia. Heavily wooded
.I need some help dating these finds .32caliber rimfire shells, 40 cal bullets and 2 bullets with a copper gas check with a hole in the base .These two bullets measure 57 caliber. I found that gas checks date back to 1862 . What do you think ha ppened here this site is in eastern ok . Thanks for looking. Can anyone help me date this camp. How old are the tent tensioners?

I read recently that the tent tension fittings are not Civil War but shortly after, the dating was done from patent applications. I don't know if I agree with that because I have found them in Civil War areas, the argument in the article was that civil War camps had activity in them after the war. I would love to hear what others think

I have found the tent rope tension pieces in CW camps too. I have also seen pictures of them in CW camp photos. Just saying.

Thanks for the info .I am curious about the bullets with the copper gas check , never found them before. The CW here in a sense has never ended. The Cherokee never surrendered they agreed to a cease fire. Even to this day feelings run high between factions of the Cherokee. When I find something like this I envision all kinds of scenarios. That's what makes this my favorite hobby.

I used to find alot of the Tent tighteners in our W W 1 Site. It covered over 2000 acre's ( ? ) at Camp Greene 1917 in Charlotte,N.C.goldnugget