Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual Target Reaction w/ My Legend

bobinyelm

I just recently installed software V1.11 on my Legend and went out to test the new software.

I noted with small targets roughly 1/2 gram lead samples (set a couple feet apart), simulating gold nugget an inch deep) using the 6" round coil, I get a double zip each time the coil sweeps over he target. The individual zips seem to come when the opposite sides of the coil pass over the target each way. This is true for sensitivities from 15 to 25 or so selected.

This is also true for the 11" coil, though the time between zips is longer (since the sides of the coil are farther apart so arrive over the target a bit farther apart time wise as well.

This is true whether I go over the target left to righ, or turn 90 deg and repeat the sweeps.

If I sweep the coil higher above he ground where the target is barely audible, the two zips nearly merge into one target sound.

I don't remember this with earlier software versions. The traget response used to be when the center of the coil moved over the target.

Anyone notice this?

Bob

I just recently installed software V1.11 on my Legend and went out to test the new software.

I noted with small targets roughly 1/2 gram lead samples (set a couple feet apart), simulating gold nugget an inch deep) using the 6" round coil, I get a double zip each time the coil sweeps over he target. The individual zips seem to come when the opposite sides of the coil pass over the target each way. This is true for sensitivities from 15 to 25 or so selected.

This is also true for the 11" coil, though the time between zips is longer (since the sides of the coil are farther apart so arrive over the target a bit farther apart time wise as well.

This is true whether I go over the target left to righ, or turn 90 deg and repeat the sweeps.

If I sweep the coil higher above he ground where the target is barely audible, the two zips nearly merge into one target sound.

I don't remember this with earlier software versions. The traget response used to be when the center of the coil moved over the target.

Anyone notice this?

Bob
Did you preform a factory reset after your update?

Anyone notice this?

Bob
Are you using the supplied headphones that came with the Legend or a set of after market earbuds or headphones

what I noticed when using a set of after market earbuds, there is to much lag so you will get a tone way past or befor the coil sweeps past the target, the headphones have to be compatible with aptX LL codec Bluetooth and most are not, when using the proper headphones when connected to the Legend you will see two little (LLs) next to the Bluetooth Icon at the top of the Legend screen, if those two little (LLs are not present you will get all kinds of Lag, which will make your tones sound off

here is the thing just because a set of headphones say they are Low Latency does not mean they are compatible with the Legends Bluetooth which is aptX LL Codec, most new earbuds and headphones are 5.2,5.3 which is a Low Latency Bluetooth connection but they are not compatible with Codec aptX LL Bluetooth which is a older version of Bluetooth

i notice on mine if get a double beep, the object is on surface or just barely underground

I think it is due to the very small size of your test targets. Try a coin to see how it behaves.