Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrade software?

greenmeanie

I have one of those feelings after the release there may need to be a UPDATE to the software on the Equinox.
Has anyone confirmed that we can UPDATE the Software like on the CTX yet?
I heard a few people say yeah but it would be nice if it was confirmed from someone that has one in hand for testing.
They days of having to send a Detector back for a Upgrade should be over like on the MXSport that was a horror show.

I have SOooo been waiting for someone to talk about Eq updates/model changes before the first machine is even released. Thank You.

I talked with a dealer I deal with often and he says you can UPDATE the Software on the Equinox at home just like the ctx.... He knows what he's talking about ...:detecting:

Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

wow...don't no if that sounds good..have to call my dealer back...he said it would be like the ctx.....maybe he ment would they made it updatable...

I said the same thing. If they are competing with the deus it would be nice to get an update every now and then on a detector! There is always something that can be improved upon for sure!

If it were upgradable now, out of the box, Minelab could probably begin shipping sooner with the knowledge that
if there were any issues found later on, they could be easily rectified by the user AT HOME.

also, buyers would be less hesitant to wait a period of time prior to buying, knowing they could update and fix potential firmware issues, again AT HOME.

The update capability would also be especially nice for us Canadians who would otherwise have to ship to the states for repairs, a costly logistical nightmare.

come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800, but after reading on this forum that you can not do a software update, I am going to wait till they come out with a new version which is updatable or wait six month or longer till all the software bugs are repaired.

Would hate to be stuck with a malfunction Equinox 800.

GONEHUNTIN said:
Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

We found the first flaw in the new design of the Equinox, if minelab does not change this right now, I am going to wait with buying a Equinox 800 .
Wanted to preorder one, but after reading no firmware updates from home forget it no no no no no I am waiting and keep my money in my pocket and wait!

PS Minelab shape up and repair this flaw before you bring a new product on the market!

Yes I've got one paid for already..but might tell my dealer just hang on to my money till later and see if it comes out ready for updates if needed....what a blow..

Ksdirt said:
minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

Your right we all have to wait for the Equinox 2.0 version. We are back again to Minelab policy just squeeze the money out of the consumers good old marketing policy, bring a cheaper unit on the market, and later improve with improved versions ( like Microsoft ) and we have our money back. I love Minelab, but I do not love their marketing policy, they just want our money and do not care if we have one or 4 improved versions of the Equinox version 1, Equinox vers.2 Equinox vers.3 , Equinox vers.4 and maybe like Windows 10 of Microsoft we will have in the future an Equinox version 10.

sure they could make it updatable, but that's not really the concern is it, one update on ctx in over 5 years so making it updatable doesn't mean it will be updated.. :buds: they spent the update money on law suits that didn't work :lmfao: so you know I wouldn't worry to much if you like the detector buy it, if not there are other company's that sell updatable detectors that do issue updates more than once every 5 or more years :throw:

AJ

Whitbey said:
Ksdirt said:

Your right we all have to wait for the Equinox 2.0 version. We are back again to Minelab policy just squeeze the money out of the consumers good old marketing policy, bring a cheaper unit on the market, and later improve with improved versions ( like Microsoft ) and we have our money back. I love Minelab, but I do not love their marketing policy, they just want our money and do not care if we have one or 4 improved versions of the Equinox version 1, Equinox vers.2 Equinox vers.3 , Equinox vers.4 and maybe like Windows 10 of Microsoft we will have in the future an Equinox version 10.

When has Minelab done what you're describing? Please provide a real example.

greenmeanie said:
I have one of those feelings after the release there may need to be a UPDATE to the software on the Equinox.
I heard a few people say yeah but it would be nice if it was confirmed from someone that has one in hand for testing.
They days of having to send a Detector back for a Upgrade should be over like on the MXSport that was a horror show.

Why do you have that feeling? Can you substantiate your "feeling" or should we just dismiss this as a needless concern? I didn't update my E-Trac ever and it's still awesome. My buddy's Explorer II is awesome as well. What's the big deal? You haven't even used the machine yet...

Champ Ferguson said:
I have SOooo been waiting for someone to talk about Eq updates/model changes before the first machine is even released. Thank You.

My thoughts exactly.

Ksdirt said:
I talked with a dealer I deal with often and he says you can UPDATE the Software on the Equinox at home just like the ctx.... He knows what he's talking about ...:detecting:

Citation needed.

GONEHUNTIN said:

Citation needed. Either Minelab lied or the dealer referenced above doesn't "know what he's talking about". Or either you or Ksdirt lied. You pick.

Ksdirt said:
wow...don't no if that sounds good..have to call my dealer back...he said it would be like the ctx.....maybe he ment would they made it updatable...

Why do you take everything you read online for gospel?

horikindaguy said:
...come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

Literally no one here knows for certain whether the machine can be upgraded, and certainly no one knows WHETHER it would need to be upgraded. Stop pleading with Minelab to implement something we don't know the machine needs or lacks. Jesus Christ.

Ksdirt said:

Citation needed.

Whitbey said:
I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800, but after reading on this forum that you can not do a software update, I am going to wait till they come out with a new version which is updatable or wait six month or longer till all the software bugs are repaired.

Fake news. Bad English. Possibly a troll here to poison the discussion about the Equinox. Notice how this user and Ksdirt feed off one another in this thread and the other thread on this topic. Notice how this user has a brand new account and has never posted here before today.

Whitbey said:
We found the first flaw in the new design of the Equinox, if minelab does not change this right now, I am going to wait with buying a Equinox 800 .
Wanted to preorder one, but after reading no firmware updates from home forget it no no no no no I am waiting and keep my money in my pocket and wait!

PS Minelab shape up and repair this flaw before you bring a new product on the market!

FAKE NEWS. You are stating, without a doubt, that there is a flaw with the machine when you have not even touched the machine, let alone operated one. You are FAKE NEWS.

Ksdirt said:
Yes I've got one paid for already..but might tell my dealer just hang on to my money till later and see if it comes out ready for updates if needed....what a blow..

:rofl:

Whitbey said:

Again, I ask you to provide an example of when Minelab has ever done the type of thing you're accusing them of planning to do with the Equinox. You are so transparent you are almost invisible, dude. You are here SOLELY to talk trash about the Equinox and Minelab. It's pathetic. Come back when you have something worth while to add to the discussion. Don't come back with more fake news.

Tyber0z said:
greenmeanie said:

Why do you have that feeling? Can you substantiate your "feeling" or should we just dismiss this as a needless concern? I didn't update my E-Trac ever and it's still awesome. My buddy's Explorer II is awesome as well. What's the big deal? You haven't even used the machine yet...

Champ Ferguson said:

My thoughts exactly.

Ksdirt said:

Citation needed.

GONEHUNTIN said:

Citation needed. Either Minelab lied or the dealer referenced above doesn't "know what he's talking about". Or either you or Ksdirt lied. You pick.

Ksdirt said:

Why do you take everything you read online for gospel?

horikindaguy said:
...come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

Literally no one here knows for certain whether the machine can be upgraded, and certainly no one knows WHETHER it would need to be upgraded. Stop pleading with Minelab to implement something we don't know the machine needs or lacks. Jesus Christ.

Ksdirt said:

Citation needed.

Whitbey said:

Fake news. Bad English. Possibly a troll here to poison the discussion about the Equinox. Notice how this user and Ksdirt feed off one another in this thread and the other thread on this topic. Notice how this user has a brand new account and has never posted here before today.

Whitbey said:

FAKE NEWS. You are stating, without a doubt, that there is a flaw with the machine when you have not even touched the machine, let alone operated one. You are FAKE NEWS.

Ksdirt said:

:rofl:

Whitbey said:

Again, I ask you to provide an example of when Minelab has ever done the type of thing you're accusing them of planning to do with the Equinox. You are so transparent you are almost invisible, dude. You are here SOLELY to talk trash about the Equinox and Minelab. It's pathetic. Come back when you have something worth while to add to the discussion. Don't come back with more fake news.

FREE SPEECH ,I LOVE IT
You must have a stake in the Minelab Company, if not they should hire you as their spoke person. You could even convince me to buy Equinox!:rofl:

Whitbey: Please go away. You only sow decension among the thread based on your wild imagination. If this is your first day here I certainly hope it's your last. My freedom of speech.

Kemper showed up and promptly got dumped over at TN this week. I'd be on the lookout for new folks stirring the pot for the sake of stirring.