Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrading to a CTX-3030

Minelab50

I am considering the CTX-3030 because of it's the last technology and know from posts that it is tops on the beach.
I hunt primarily on the beaches in North Florida and have just started relic hunting in South Georgia and South Carolina.
I use An Explorer XS, Sovereign GT and an Excalibur 1000 exclusively, but my old XS is about worn out. I have used an E-Trac
but from the reviews and posts think the CTX is a better detector for my overall hunting. How is the CTX when used for inland
relic hunting. Any feed back or help from all of you out there would be helpful. Thanks.

Randy

Let the GT and the Explorer go, keep the Excal and go for the CTX and never look back.
Cal

That all you will ever need is a CTX and a Excalibul. :twodetecting::minelab::thumbup:

As long as you don't plan on metal detecting in the New York - Connecticut area I think the CTX3030 is a great idea. :) I bought one at the beginning of the summer and over the summer found more large cents then in the past 30 years combined, more colonials then in the last 30 years combined, more seated coins then in the last 30 years combined and I could go on. The CTX is great at finding deep objects and also finding coins even if they are sitting right next to a piece of iron. CTX is a great machine, just don't come t my neighborhood with it : )

It is a great relic machine but it has to go slow. Love the ID at depth the CTX 3030 gives.