Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usan:Mush Morton and Wahoo: Overdue, and Still On Patrol :usaflag:

And there are 50 others that were lost in WW-II. Those are some of the men that carried the war to Japan when the surface fleet was decimated at Pearl Harbor.

I was fortunate enough to serve with some of the Men who carried the war to japan. The finest shipmates that a man could ever have

When they pin those dolphins signifying "Qualified in Submarines" on your chest they go all the way to your soul.

I don't know how I came across this post but I have to say that I have nothing but respect for those brave submariners from WWII.
I have read many interesting books about Submariners, very tough guys!
I met a few staying at the Hal Koa military hotel on Waikiki beach and I get a lump in my throat when I am at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
I am a retired Army Combat Engineer who think that those old submariners like Mush Morton and his crew were the best America had to offer!

Much Respect!

I am a qualified Submariner and was lucky enough to serve some time on two diesel boats-USS Darter SS-576 and USS Grayback SSG-574. The crews on both of those boats were exceptional. They were the toughest, most qualified men I've ever served with. Some of my best memories in life are from that time. Steel boats and Iron Men, such a true statement....

Sandy Hastie was the weapons officer on USS Andrew Jackson back when he was a LT. Made a number of patrols with him. Heard a year or two ago that he was very ill.

George, thanks so much for the info on Sandy. He and his family were our next door neighbors when we lived in Marietta, Ga. His wife, Sheri, and my wife were on Swissair 111 that crashed off Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia Sept. 2, 1998. All were lost. 229 souls. Long story about known wiring problems and stupid Swiss pilots. I've never gotten over it. Almost 23 years.

I knew that his wife was on that flight. Sorry to hear about your wife also being n that flight. HE WAS A good man and a good shipmate. He was relieving the XO on my last boat. i WAS getting real close to my retirement date. He came into my radio shack with two black and bitter. Said Chief can we talk. I said we have always been able to talk to teach other so dont stop now. He tried his best to get me not to retire. We talked about what would happen the first time some hot running ssn headed north and needed a senior radioman. As had happened in the past i would have been headed north. So i RETIRED.

George, thanks so much for the info on Sandy. He and his family were our next door neighbors when we lived in Marietta, Ga. His wife, Sheri, and my wife were on Swissair 111 that crashed off Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia Sept. 2, 1998. All were lost. 229 souls. Long story about known wiring problems and stupid Swiss pilots. I've never gotten over it. Almost 23 years.
So sorry --May God continually bless you with His peace that passes all human understanding! AMEN! Ma

Just seeing this Willy. So sorry for your loss, even knowing it has been 23 years.