Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

USB Dongle ??

yazoo said:
Dongle Or no dongle I really don't think its is going to get my detector any deeper. If it did I would be to tired from digging such deep holes to even play with me dongle.Thinking There is more to do than worry about dongles go dig some holes,Be Happy ,It is the Best machine going as is. Happy Hunting to all!!!!!Yazoo

I'm not worried...just awaiting the release. That is all ; )

a.c.t.i.v.8 said:
mthunter said:
File sharing would open up the market, they should be exploiting this by now.

Remote support

Upload of custom icons/GUI layout.

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
Besides that...I was told there was going to be a dongle available! lol That's the biggest one for me.

I agree with you my friend !! I have spent over

"Who made that promise"
Not a promise but a highly anticipated accessory touted at the time of sale.

"I have never seen or heard anything from White's; just rumors that circulate in the forums"
That's unfortunate for you. Myself, I spend very little time
in FORUMS and spend most of my time detecting, mingling with other detectorists; and spoke with many dealers
before my sale. This accessory was recommended to be used as a selling point by whites early on with the release
of the Vision. I was told by many dealers here in the North East when the detector was being released that this was
explained in detail during their seminars.

"As far as promises go, if it ain't in writing, it ain't a promise."
I'm 40yo and understand how life works. Thank you Neil

That dongle never had any kind of projected release date but they did want to try and get it out by years end. I'd be danged if I'd buy a machine and feel that an accessory would be a deal breaker! We are going to be running these boxes for a while so...whats the diff. with a few months. I am set up for it now with mobile 3g but it isn't like there's nothing new to learn with this machine. Learn some patience for crying out loud! Trying to second guess White's priorities right now is silly.

BTW, I am 57 yrs old... laff.

:nopity:

J

The only planned use of the dongle was to share programs over the Internet. Why someone would get bent out of shape because they can't buy a device to share a program with someone over the Internet........whose hunting style and ground conditions is probably not like anyone else, is beyond me...........:shrug:

I really don't even see a need for the product. In the mean time, why not just tell someone what program you use and what changes you made from the factory settings?

I know that I'll use the feature for just having programs at the ready for tough sites and little messing with in the field. Shooting programs to people who are part of a class and need some hand holding will be nice. Like it or not, many people don't get into it all real deep and do need this help a bit. Most all of us here are different than that but...there is no wrong way to enjoy this hobby.

I dug up this earlier post from this forum. As you can see the dongle was only intended to share programs from the beginning, nothing more.

Date: April 11, 2009 01:36PM
We are working on a USB dongle that will allow you to transfer custom program settings to & from the PC. It is not viable to use this for programming the micros, it is way too slow for that. Beyond that, there are 3 micros in V and one more in the headphones; in the audio fix, for instance, we are reprogramming 3 out of 4 of these. The hardware wasn't set up for end-user programming. We may revisit this in the next hardware design. Carl