Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used Deus or New ORX?

Hobo lobo said:
I had a Deus and fell for the hype and traded in for a ML Equinox, bad mistake, sold the ML and bought a ORX, love the ORX, like it better than the Deus.

What do you like more about the ORX or didn't like about the Deus?

I think the simplicity of 3 tone and the no nonsense turn on and go cannot be beaten on the ORX. Someone mentioned this was a gold unit. Well it is, but also you can go very deep in the gold program too for relic hunting. It is not just a gold machine it is a coin and relic hunter as well because it has coins fast and coins deep along with gold and fine gold. Plus the ability to save 2 custom settings. I took it out to an old house I had not found anything at in a long time. I found 12 coins in 45 minutes plus other stuff.

My friend took his to an old lot he had not found anything at in years. His first signal was a silver dime at 10 inches. Then a silver quarter, buffalo nickel 3 wheats and 9 other clad coins. It was a 30X40 strip at an old church. He swung everything he had out there including his Racer 2 and several Fisher F75 units.

Your not going to go wrong if you choose a new ORX by any means. But you can get an ORX first then later find a used remote for a deus as long as it has the new upgrade you will be able to use the X35 or HF coils with it.

That is how I did it when I got my deus, I just bought a remote. Then after trying it out and using it alot, I found I preferred the larger ID screen and the iron probability bar of the ORX and sold my deus set up.

Dan'O said:
Hobo lobo said:
I had a Deus and fell for the hype and traded in for a ML Equinox, bad mistake, sold the ML and bought a ORX, love the ORX, like it better than the Deus.

What do you like more about the ORX or didn't like about the Deus?
,,xxx. I like the simplicity, turn on and swing and ease of settings, plus I use it about 50% for gold nugget hunting and it is better suited than the DEUS for that. The HF eliptical
coil is great. The Deus is good, I just like the ORX better for my hunting.

I used a DEUS for over 6 or 7 years so I got to know it pretty good and I have nothing bad to say about it, but for my hunting the ORX is better. The gold programs on the ORX are better than the gold field on the DEUS.. All
I hunt is gold nuggets, ghost towns and relics, not interested in clad coins, if it's non ferrous I dig it and the ORX works great for me.,...

MikeLab said:
Here's a video for you. Deus will outperform the ORX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7DNn8nqog

Thats saying the Deus is better than itself. I had a Deus for 3 years and I see no performance differences between that and the ORX.

You heard wrong.

Gold Field on the Deus is for general prospecting. It has Iron Amplitude Rejection settings which helps to break up iron signals so you can tell by sound, the difference between ferrous and non-ferrous targets.

The ORX has TWO gold programs. Gold 1 is for medium to large gold and moderate mineralization. Gold 2 is for high mineralization and medium to small gold. Both have Iron Amplitude Rejection settings like the Deus in Gold Field. Both also have Iron Volume ON or OFF which in combination with the IAR settings turns the ORX into a two-tone gold prospecting detector with iron giving a low iron grunt and non-ferrous targets have a medium tone. You can also use the big Iron Probability Bar and big target ID numbers to tell the difference between ferrous and non-ferrous targets. The Deus does not have these features.

Jeff

I have the Deus already with both HF Coils, can I just ad an ORX remote to my setup. Will the ORX remote slide on to the existing Deus mount? Thanks!

TinCanBeach said:
I have the Deus already with both HF Coils, can I just ad an ORX remote to my setup. Will the ORX remote slide on to the existing Deus mount? Thanks!

Yes you can however, your deus phones will not be compatible with the ORX. you will have to buy a pair of those if you want to go wireless or you can just plug in a 1/8" set of corded headphones.

The ORX remote will attach to your Deus shaft same as your Deus remote. You can just by the ORX puck controller instead of buying the entire ORX back phone set. It will attach to your Deus WS4 back phones just like the WS4 controller.

Jeff

bigtim1973 said:
TinCanBeach said:

Yes you can however, your deus phones will not be compatible with the ORX. you will have to buy a pair of those if you want to go wireless or you can just plug in a 1/8" set of corded headphones.
Thanks bigtim!

TinCanBeach said:
bigtim1973 said:
TinCanBeach said:

Thanks bigtim!

Your welcome!!

jmaclen said:
The ORX remote will attach to your Deus shaft same as your Deus remote. You can just by the ORX puck controller instead of buying the entire ORX back phone set. It will attach to your Deus WS4 back phones just like the WS4 controller.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff!

Also in case no one posted this Gary Blackwell's video demo of the ORX is excellent. It was the video that helped me make my decision on my purchase. You will be very happy with it's performance. I started finding musket balls here at home that every other machine I had could not see. Some were the small 36 caliber type and also the small buck and ball type. The other units I swung over the ground only found 4 and one was over 10 inches deep with a 13" DD coil. When I got the ORX my count went up over 20 just with the ORX and also it finds deep coins too. The other day at a friends house I found several copper pennies and wheats at over 10 inches in the dry hard dirt and the ID was spot on as well. Your gonna love it.

I bought my ORX before the prices dropped, so when I was
buying my extra coils and they dropped the price by $100 it
suddenly seemed Logical to instead of ordering a 9” X35 to
get a second ORX with the 9” X35 coil, and I’d have a spare
unit, as backup since I sold my equinox and my f75 after I got
the first ORX. Now I’ve been toying with the idea of selling the
spare ORX and getting a Deus which I’d have to add money
in order to do, unless I’m lucky and find a used one in good shape.
I’m not interested in a deus lite- I want the remote. I’m not at all
sure about doing this and I don’t want to give up a coil as I now
have all but the 11”x13” and I believe there’s a time and place
for all of them. I had a simplex on order but cancelled it -I don’t
see what a simplex will give me that I don’t niece have other than
being waterproof which is not a thing I need.

bigtim1973 said:
Also in case no one posted this Gary Blackwell's video demo of the ORX is excellent. It was the video that helped me make my decision on my purchase. You will be very happy with it's performance. I started finding musket balls here at home that every other machine I had could not see. Some were the small 36 caliber type and also the small buck and ball type. The other units I swung over the ground only found 4 and one was over 10 inches deep with a 13" DD coil. When I got the ORX my count went up over 20 just with the ORX and also it finds deep coins too. The other day at a friends house I found several copper pennies and wheats at over 10 inches in the dry hard dirt and the ID was spot on as well. Your gonna love it.

Same here! Gary's video of him using the ORX on wet sand convinced me that it may have some benefits for beach hunting. Congrats on the musket balls!