Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used Deus or New ORX?

Xdigger said:
I would think that the ORX would be a better fit as it may replace all the detectors you mentioned. I bought mine for the same hunting you do and love it, I took it into a iron infested part of a park that has sent many minelabs running including mine and found a 14K wedding band, several indians, and a 1928 biker rally watch fob in all the iron... I was amazed. You don't have to fool with all the settings like you would with the Deus and worry if they are correct. I have the x35 9 inch and run 8.7 FQ and its stable at 94 sens.

Yesterday I was at a pounded park and got a soft high tone with no ID and dug a 1898 Barber dime maybe 9 inches. I haven't found silver in this park in years. My buddies that still use that 20 year old FBS technology drive hundreds of miles to other towns because they cant find anything around here are opening their eyes more to the ORX when they come home and realize I found more in the local parks than they have after driving hours.

Now, don't get me wrong... I still have my Explorer XS and will die with it in my greasy lil hands but I haven't touched it since the day I got the ORX and I think it understands.

So yes, the ORX would be the logical choice. Just take the time to learn it and give it a fighting chance. I leave my other detectors at home just to force myself to use the ORX and not be tempted to grab an old friend.

I find more with my Equinox than I do with my ORX, perhaps its because I know the machine better. but I do prefer the ORX for prospecting over the equinox, mostly because it is quieter in the Arizona dirt, I'm sure everyone has watched nugget shutter on you tube, he is about 1 1/2 hours north of me, but when I go gold hunting I drive an additional 1 1/2 hours south, close to the boarder of Mexico, and I can assure you the ground is extremely hot, the equinox will chatter so much it drives me crazy, whereas the ORX treats the ground as if I were in a park