Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using your E-Trac Disc-Pattern on the CTX 3030

Silverstore

Did you think of upgrading to the CTX, yet you want to keep your Disc-Patterns from the E-Trac?

At the time of this writing, ML does not offer any official way to trnafer your Disc Patterns.
Why? Both Detectors use exactly the same 35x50 Bitmap for Discrimination.

I asked Brian (ML-support). He is most often helpful and always answers very fast!
And he said
Really?
I buy this expensive machine, that uses exactly the same Discrimination as the E-Trac, and i can not just transfer my favourite Disc Patterns?

Ok, i really wanted the CTX because i believe that its actually the best detector (aside from the shortcomings). So i had to find a way "How to get my Disc Patterns to the CTX".

Here you can download my converted E-Trac Patterns:

Use your E-Trac Patterns on the CTX 3030

And this is what i did.

[video]http://youtu.be/qzqo3kw3Fjs[/video]

If you have your favourite Pattern still on the E-Trac and you want to upgrade, mail them to me.

When i have enough Patterns, I'll make another run and convert them automatically and post them.

I don't have a CTX, but that is some outstanding work you have done, and is a very nice offer for CTX owners.

Why? Now if you could transfer the FBS2 programs from the CTX to the E-Trac then you would have a much different E-Trac. HH :minelab:

I am just talking from the Discrimination Pattern.
Thats the funny picture you see on the display.

The FBS2 uses more fine frequency steps compared to the FBS, thi is possible due to a much higher speed of the used ARM CPU in the CTX.
Therefore It doesn't make sense to transfer System-Programs from one machine to the other.

Talking from Targets, both machines have an equal discrimination logic.

FE 35, CO 50
Thats why these Patterns can be transfered. It doe not touch FBS2 or the smartcoil.
The same coin may get the same numbers on both machines.
Yet I did not try, but i believe it will work in many cases because of the equal scale.

If you have interesting e-trac Patterns that you will not miss, send them, I'll convert them for you.

Hi, I can not log in or register to download your converted patterns, I have tried in english and in spanish with no luck, The error that comes up is ( sorry you have not answered our spam quetion correctly try again) I would like to use the trashy area pattern from the etrac to my ctx.Thankyou for a great thread.

I have cancelled my membership in that other (german) forum due to political moderation.
Also the use of CTX-like machines in my country (Baden-Württemberg) is forbidden, therefore i do not search myself any more at this time, to avoid problems.

Due to the Forum regulations here, I have renamend the file to".png".
But looks like there is no way i can upload the file here for you.

Send me an mail, i can send it to you vias e-mail.

While I can appreciate your programming skills Sliverstore, which you obviously have, it really isn't that hard to create a pattern manually on the CTX. Once you have one pattern it can be copied and reused making whatever changes to it you want. Takes less than a minute to redesign the patten.

What ML should do is give you a royalty and acquire your program and integrate it into their XChange2 software. Would they? No.

I don't think its so easy to copy Patterns "dot by dot!" manually. I itried ... you have to count the dots and the lines.
Making it automatically is much better.
I believe they should make an import-function for upgraders.
At the current time, i further belief that the E-Trac is all i have needed. Maybe i would not really upgrade to the CTX a second time, but rather stay with the E-Trac.

Hi, I would like to mail you an Etrac pattern so you could convert to Ctx for me, but I don´t have your email, maybe you already have this Etrac pattern converted . . . it´s the HIgh trash pattern. By the way good work!!
P:S: I just now have seen your reply, thanks, but I don´t have your email, it is hidden, I will check to see if mine is hidden and if it is will try to un-hide it.

Ok, I went to control center,email settings and have checked the box so other members can see my email.

I don't get this hard core pattern thing. Might be ok for tot lots and other areas with shallow keepers.

Most of my hunts are open screen with a little iron and sometimes aluminum discriminated out. What could be simpler that is if one is not lazy to dig.
Beware hard core patternites, some of my best deepest coins have ID'd WAY out of the conventional coin area.

Dig most everything and you'll likely not walk over nothing worth keeping.

Silverstore said:
So 90% of the builtin features are useless :).
It has something... because in real life, the "ears of a person" are much more intelligent in identifying a find, then a builtin computer,

You got it but that will only happen after a while with some eTRAC experience, experimentation along with a lot of digging for feedback.
Its not only ears but the digital ID also.

Hunches and instincts play an important part on whether to dig or not when using an open or nearly open discrim. pattern especially with those pesky on edge or real deep coins. After a while, the well trained brain in those cases will be a much better discriminator than the uProcessor discrimination algorithm thats hard programmed to ignore anything out of its tight knit ignore orbit. No telling how many eTRAC owners using Auto sens. with a tight discrim. pattern walk over 12+ inch deep coins.

Don't get me wrong those rigid discrimination patterns especially when using Auto sens. are in my experience only good for shallow to moderately deep targets.
Its highly unlikely you'll dig up a 12+ inch deep 1800s coin using those settings.
Just say'n.

I think anybody with experience will agree. I was hunting in the past with somebody who had another (much cheaper) detector with only a sound.
From that sound he could identify things much better then i with my hi-tech machine and no experience at that time.
Where ever you go ... Its not just the machine - its the hunter.