Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 Beach use.

bfodnes

Havent seen many post about this but there have to be a few of You out there.

Since female jewelry with stones fall in the foil category 9 out of 10 times.

How many of You have programmed your V3 for a High tone in the range -10 to +15 and all the others to well, ( dig me not )

This feature combined with the V3 sensitivity must be used by some reading this post. Im sure.

I don't know about programming the tones.......... if it helps.......do it, but when beach hunting you should dig all targets -10 on up, trashy signal or not.....................:clapping: It just takes one ear stud or ring to pay for your V......:bouncy:

I know.

But I was talking about specialicing for female jewelry in the foil range.

Real high tone that you hear in any beach noice.

And just skip the rest.... Not digging anything else.

Edit: to explain better.

We havent had this possibility before and we know most jewelry lost are being worn by women. And we know that the sensitivity of the V3 outshines many beach detectors in the foil range.

Simple and straight. How many takes this to their advantage. In the right spot it must cover more ground to find the " baddest" jewelry.

Why -10 and up? Isn't everything below 0 iron? Are you considering a target being down averaged by iron or mineral? I am going to the FL panhandle beach later this summer... going to borrow a friends 950 for the trip... I have always used either the SovereignGT or T2 at the beach but am looking forward to using the "soon to be" V3i.

Thanks!

Below 0 IS iron, but not JUST iron, it is also home to small gold, platinum and palladium rings, necklaces and chains.

So where do you set your disc on the - end? I will guess -20. Before I restored C&J I had it set on -30 and I may go back down there but I am going to change things slowly. I guess a "custom/shifted" tone scheme might be something to try... shifting the low tone to kick in at -11 and the high tone at -10 or maybe a low/medium tone for targets between -10 and +10...

J

I have my disc at - 30 it helps the recovery speed.

Why so much talk around what you miss and what you get or may get.

It is just about specializing for the female thin gold.

The kinda gold you never know was there with some other detectors.

I have my V set to gice me a sharp High tone in the mammered range I only tried it once on the beach but will give it another go.................is it any good as it was a new beach I tried it on.

Toddy from Scotland said:
I have my V set to gice me a sharp High tone in the mammered range I only tried it once on the beach but will give it another go.................is it any good as it was a new beach I tried it on.

Popped onto a very quiet beach yesterday. Picked up two