Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i 6X10 Coil- Need Input

hershey1

My son wants one of these coils for a Christmas present. My question is- how does this coil do relic hunting and is there a brand you recommend other than the White's. Or if you relic hunt what smaller coil would you recommend? Thank you in advance.

The depth on this coil is less than the stock D-2, it s ok on target I.D, works well in high mineral soil, pinpoints good, usually the rx gain can be set a bit stronger than the D-2, I prefer the 300 loop for relic hunting , it may work in your soil

To be helpful, we need more specific information. The 6X10 will work OK for Relic hunting, but might not be the best choice. What kind of relic hunting is he going to do and where? Does the ground have a lot of trash or more open? Does he want to cover a lot of ground like a battlefield or is he more confined to an old yard? Kellyco, one of our sponsors, carries a good line of coils for the V, but they are not built to White's standards. Seldom do I recommend a smaller coil for relic hunting, most relic hunters want more depth and coverage, which means a larger coil, not smaller.

Thanks for responding Larry. My son hunts CW relics and mostly in the woods that is why he mentioned that coil. Like you said if it is not trashy I use the biggest coil I can deal with in the woods. One of his friends has the 6X10 and likes it even though it does'nt have great depth. I told him to try his friends before making up his mind.

For hunting in the woods, the 6X10 might be the right choice for his needs. He would want to avoid the open, spyder type of coil that gets caught in the brush and he seems to know what would work for him. I think the 6X10 would be a good choice.