Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i finds my first Civil War Relic

Went out hunting this morning with my son and my best friend. Started out in a field that didnt produce many relics, a few pieces of iron and a shotgun shell for me. Then we moved to the field just above us, and about 50 steps into the field I got a 81-82 VDI......solid and repeatable...said it was 7 inches down....so I decided to dig.

Dug a large plug and popped it out. Scanned the plug...and the VDI changed....solid 52, so I scanned the hole to double check...and nothing. Flipped on the SunRay probe, and right in the middle of the plug was the target...it is a Confederate Enfield(shallow base) dropped bullet.

Still learning this machine, and having fun doing it. My son found an old style "iron"....the kind they used to heat up on the woodstove to iron their clothes back in the day. My Bro found a nice gold plated broach and a brass buckle that looked like it came off of a shoe. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

confederateenfield.jpg

Congratulations John, CW relics are nice finds.

Cool!! nice way to start the weekend and or end it !!

Wish I could have been there to see your excitement for your first civil war bullet! Oh wait, I was! lol

Good to get out finally, hope we can do it again soon..there's bullets in them thar hills!

That is very nice for your first CW find!! I would be hunting that area some more.
Some Confederate soldier likely got in trouble for dropping that bullet, supplies were short and Confederate infantry was often required to give account of their ammo. The yankees got a supply everyday (12 IIRC) and commonly :dropped" a lot of them because they were heavy, only wanted to carry what they thought they might need, and they knew there were plenty more close at hand... a dropped Enfield is a good find for anyone, anytime!

Julien

What a very nice find....those kind of days are what this hobby is all about....friends,lovin' the outdoors, and fun finds. You guys rocked it!