Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I is a "Depth Demon"

Bradley137

The V3I is a "Depth Demon"
There's been lots of questions about this machine's Potential, RX gain, Sensitivity, SAT, Threshold, Filters and on and on. I just wanted to share how I set these. I have 7 programs and all settings are "common" except the discriminate patterns (audio and visual) And 95% of the time I'm in 3 frequency mode. This may or may not cover everything but it's a start. Hope you enjoy.

(Mod edit) This link was bad.......see Jack's post below for vid.

Larry,

May be you can edit it for him.This is a good video!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJJDp7dBZw[/video]

I picked up a pointer or two from that. The info on SAT shed some light for me on a control that I have not really experimented with.

Thanks!

Thanks for the Video, very informative.

Thanks fellow ther's. Don't know what happened on the link but keep checking for other vids I'm working on. Here's link to this post vid.thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/Capehart137?feature=mhum#p/u/0/FfJJDp7dBZw

Thanks from Pa.an informative video.SAT has been something I see all the time,but no explanation leaves me in a tizzy.Your video sheds some lite on it for a newbie.
That adj.where the tx boost is on yet lessens the threshold sounds odd or perhaps I need to reread.Thanks again for the info I'll rewatch and listen a little closer......Jack

Just got home, nice video. I agree on the 5 band which for me is my goto filter. I also run my Disc between 90 and 94 and feel this is giving me depth. I've been using stereo mixed mode and on this program I have been running a lower SAT 10 to 15.

Now about the RX. After a certain point RX will give more depth BUT with diminishing returns.
The rule of thumb is that, to gain another inch of depth the gain must be doubled. This means that increasing the gain from 14 to 15 will not improve depth much at all whereas increasing the gain from 2 to 4 should gain another inch. So 4 to 8 gains another inch and 8 to 16, oops no 16, another inch. :rofl: So don't get crazy on setting the RX at the upper levels because it provides diminishing rewards. In some cases the added noise will actually negate the increase. So in my opinion, higher RX and more noise and signal loss would be about the same as lower RX with less signal loss. The bottom line is, with any coil, run the gain as high as you can for stable operation, just as you'd do with any detector.

You can see what he saying about RX between 6 -8. I still run mine higher.

I have a sweet spot for my ground. RX=12 DS=94. I experimented with a RX=6 and DS=90. I changed my SAT to 5 and low and behold I could see everything in My high EMI test garden. WOW! I have to re-think things now. I love this machine.:cool:

Great video. Hoping to apply some of this information when I get my V3i.

Thank you for taking the time to make it and to share it!

Just remember, it's a trial. If you get too much "drift" you may have to push the SAT up or you'll be pulling the trigger alot. Nothing but my discriminate patterns are set in stone. Everything else gets adjusted accordingly but this VID is usually how I start. Happy Hunting!

Generally threshold stays pretty constant even with TX boost on. Mostly it helps the Discriminate modes. And what you may have heard was I have the target volume set a little loud.

I've found that running with boost on and gain lower is better than running gain higher but as I stated in the Vid, these settings are only where I start. Only my discriminate patterns are set in stone. All other settings get adjusted accordingly during a hunt.

Just remember fellow ther's, these settings are just a guide line and definately won't be best for every hunt. I intended only to show the machines potential even at low Rx levels. Understanding the features and how they affect your hunt is going to be how you find the optimum settings at every site you hunt.

It's still a great video. Hey who's that looking over your shoulder in the video?:spin::spin: Rob

Congrats., Brad, for a video and commentary that is 'ear-to-ear' filled with intelligent, stated reasoning.

It is always a pleasure to listen to someone who has taken the time to realise the potential of the 'tools' that Whites have put at the disposal of any V3 owner.

I ask the forum members to take particular note of the '5 Hz' filter comment.

For depth, that is a must. (But beware of the error of sweeping TOO SLOWLY......(.Test it with various sweep action, and realise what I mean)

Sweep too slowly, and Ground Filters may come into play and attenuate the deeper signals.

Combine it with a sweep speed that you personally find optimises the performance. (Affected by head 'width' and target size/depth)

Keep your Recovery above 50 if sweeping slower......Also watch your SAT level when using DC -All metal combo...(Mixed Mode).

If relic hunting, I like to set my target 'Accept' VDIs down to minus 30, just for some possible audible clue to the target's make-up.

But as Brad said, "Dig it all" if you are a serious Relic hunter.

Lastly, the advice regarding sensible gain settings.

Use only those levels that provide a pleasurable detecting experience.

TherMarshall.

Thanks to Neil for posting my Vid on his website. Real nice site. Check it out!