Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Pinpointing audio Issue Thanks White's!

YARDFISHING said:
Just a thought but i have never had a good signal then lose audio on pinpoint. On the other hand i have hit a signal then moved the coil to the side and pulled the trigger to pinpoint and all three bars came up with no audio. I just atributed it to there being another target nearby that was discriminated out which is why i didn't get a signal. I'm wondering if this could happen by trying to pinpoint too close to the target. Don't know, just a thought.

"I just atributed it to there being another target nearby that was discriminated out which is why i didn't get a signal."

"Discriminated out" is active disc search mode, but isn't pinpoint mode all metal, hence a target nearby should sing the tone regardless in PP, if the three bars are dancing, right? AM in unbridled and sees everything with no discrimination/ Tell me if am I wrong? martin

Thanks for the thoughts Yardfishing, to explain; I really went through the whole playbook on the PP.
Re-Triggering, re-ground balancing, trigger with coil in the air, rescan surrounding area for other targets, tried multiple triggering spots in various locations around and differing distances from the "Mystery Target" all without results.
Best overall results were when hunting with the little DD Shooter coil.

Drew.

Hi Rob,

I have also had this happen on a couple of hunts with a Teknetics Omega I took in trade, just like your F4.
As it was just a tester I did not examine it in depth.
Thanks for all your help with this.

Drew.

Lowered Am sensitivity will be one to try if issue shows up again Larry, raising AM sens. did not help.
Is there an adjustment to bring up the AM threshold? I was looking but got stopped at the choice between Ratchet and VCO.

Drew.

Sure, the threshold settings are in the audio menu.

Larry (IL) said:
Sure, the threshold settings are in the audio menu.

Can you elaborate on this AM audio setting in the Audio menu? I must be blind but I can't see it as an AM setting. martin

I'm not an All Metal Mode guy, but I didn't know there was a separate threshold setting for All Metal. The only setting I'm aware of for AM threshold is the SAT and that selects how fast you want to check for a change in the threshold level. I didn't check the threshold volume setting in AM Mode, are you saying that it does not work in AM?

AM guys ?

If you are in discrimination, threshold volume will increase that threshold. In all metal mode the same volume control increases the all metal threshold. In stereo mixed it increases both thresholds. There is one threshold control.

My V3i is one week old and does this every now and then. When it happens I release the toggle from pin point and find the target again, then repeat pin point and it works fine with the audio.

Paul

That's how it works on all the units.

Hi All,

Replacement machine has arrived and I have just had a quick shake down run through with it.
This unit also will blank out the all metal audio on some targets but unlike my last one this one will bring audio back in on some of them after the trigger toggle is pulled a couple of additional times as some others have described so that is already an improvement as my V3 (upgraded into a V3i) would never recover the audio no matter how many times the machine was ground balanced or re-triggered.
Soil probe was -93 noise was up into high teens and twenties.
More to follow when weather and schedule allows.

All sensitive detectors null out when pinpointing over surface targets with a stronger signals than a deep or weaker signal..... There is nothing wrong with the v3i. :ranting: Ugh...

I'm glad to hear that this one is better.

I've had this phenomenom occur 5-6 times over the last 3 months while searching in the field, however i've had it occur 2 to 3 times while air testing at home while not even in the field

As Burlbark has stated, All sensitive detectors null out when pinpointing over surface targets with a stronger signals than a deep or weaker signal..... There is nothing wrong with the v3i.

As I said earlier guys report the same problem with the F4 and Druid had the problem with a Teknetics Omega. Druid still has the problem even though he has an entirely different V3i. He said, Soil probe was -93, noise% was up into high teens and twenties.. I get -93 all the time in my Illinois soil, but he seems to need to reduce his noise%.

IMHO, if re-triggering or approaching the target from a different direction solves the problem, you don't have a problem. Druid said his first detector would not work if he re-triggered and that was a problem.

This is Not a Defect on your V3i
Please note the issue can be duplicated as follows:
1-Pinpoint target with toggle pulled in
2- While on target release toggle and pull again and hold while still on target
3-Move off of target and come back on and target is gone!

This is detuning the target

Jimmy always says pull loop off of target BEFORE you pull to pinpoint trigger to avoid this
and if you do this you will not detune your target

(Also repeating this process in the Air is a way to shrink the audio target diameter
also known as ratchet pinpointing)

Jim jr
for Jimmy

Thanks for the input from you and Jimmy.

jimmysierra said:
This is Not a Defect on your V3i
Please note the issue can be duplicated as follows:
1-Pinpoint target with toggle pulled in
2- While on target release toggle and pull again and hold while still on target
3-Move off of target and come back on and target is gone!

This is detuning the target

Jimmy always says pull loop off of target BEFORE you pull to pinpoint trigger to avoid this
and if you do this you will not detune your target

(Also repeating this process in the Air is a way to shrink the audio target diameter
also known as ratchet pinpointing)

Jim jr
for Jimmy

I just bet that's what Drew was doing wrong(sarcasm.) He has lots of hours behind previous detectors. Point made. The V3i discussion boards have been riddled with this issue, and I've grown a little to accept my V3i being "stupid over a target in AM" because of the contestments from the V3 crowd that it is just fine. I still feel that the thing is not right at all, and nothing can be said that will eliminate the idea that the V3i is a trouble machine until the V3i can be MADE to recover and retrieve a signal in AM after it finds it in Disc. martin