Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Wireless Headphone question...

Can a user tell me if you can hear your pinpointer while wearing these headphones or need to take them off to hear it....??

I hear mine fine but I use a SunRay DX-1. :biggrin: If you have a handheld, you will still be able to hear it depending on your hearing. Some people will put one of the ear muffs behind the ear while pinpointing or even while hunting if you want to hear what is going on around you.

Wouldn't that depend on what pinpointer one is using.
Myself, I use the Garrett ProPointer. I plugged up the sound opening with black RTV since I got it. hard to tell there is any opening, and didn't want to use electrical tape wrapped around it.
No matter, I always slip my headphones off my ears, usually pull them down off the ears, hanging on my neck anyway.

tab-nabit said:
Wouldn't that depend on what pinpointer one is using.
Myself, I use the Garrett ProPointer. I plugged up the sound opening with black RTV since I got it. hard to tell there is any opening, and didn't want to use electrical tape wrapped around it.
No matter, I always slip my headphones off my ears, usually pull them down off the ears, hanging on my neck anyway.

I use the Garrett as well....I use a Excal II on the beach and diving, but cant hear the ProPointer without taking them off, and the chord is short...I was looking at the V3i for inland work and the wireless looked intresting...So does the Sun-Ray (im on thier website now) ....Thanks guys...

The garrett pro pin pointer vibrates plus it is fully water proof. Yazoo

I can here my pro pointer with my wireless headphone's on no problem..:wiggle:

Are you sure Mike, this is the first I have heard this.

EDIT:

I had to look that up and it seems Garrett doesn't claim 100% waterproof but they do claim:

The PRO-POINTER has an IP 66 standard
waterproof rating, fully protecting it from the environment
and allowing it to be washed under running water or
operated in the rain.

You are correct Larry .Although I have had mine completely submerged in water. Dont think they mean for use by divers but they are pretty tough for general use as far as hand held in the water. The speaker is water proof ,does not need taped or sealed up.
Yazoo

Well I bought the V3i and opted to hold off on the wiresss headphones after seeing how kinda bulky they were (to me, anyway)....But it is always an option, now...

You might regret it they look bulky ,but they are quite light and comfy..:whites:

I have to agree with you Big G, my phones are very comfortable, they stay on my head while looking down and the audio is outstanding. :thumbup:

I wear mine in the summer, with no trouble. The muffs are soft and feel great to me. A good set of wired phones will not affect performance.

That's what we are here for to try and help each other,whites all the way..:detecting::cheers:

I'm happy if you are happy. Happy hunting.

[attachment 258475 2013-02-16_182838.jpg]