Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

Rob (IL)

OK since Ann has posted on the internet, the new V3i is out. Here is what is in the new v3i or in the new upgrade.

1) Stereo mixed mode - all metal channel in one ear, discrimination channel in the other (not same as mixed mode as mixed mode is only sounding one channel at once, not both)
2) Quick reference in the machine (hopefully it helps with understanding it when out in the field) (like the manual in your detector)
3) 2 new plots - polar plot may be helpful in id'ing bottle caps in shallower ground - too deep and ground will affect the shape and prospect scan for those looking for black sand when looking for gold.
4) Languages (really that was one of the additions :), just not Vulcan or Latin)
5) coil selection to allow for more accurate depth reporting ( you tell the detector what coil you are using and it adjusts)
6)Two ground selections normal and salt) soil selection to allow tracking to be opened up when hunting wet sand - intended for single frequency operation, but can work with normal 3 too. Salt compensate still tracks in wet salt conditions of course. Normal soil is when you want to hunt in normal ground where you don't want tracking to track to iron targets.
7) remembers where you last visited - live controls or menu when powering down and up. Rob

are they going to have a update for are all ready purchased v3. i do not care about the other languages but it sure would be nice to tell it what coil was on. thanks . strock

I looked at the White's site and I see no reference to it. Will it cost us for the upgrade or just shipping? ... or what?

Thanks!

Sounds great..!!! I like it that White's is improving this already fine machine. They really seem to care about their product and about us... the customers... that really means a LOT to me. I've been having a bit of a time with the V3 and all the different options.. this will keep me going, I like it!

Julien

I tested the unit for 3 months but don't know the details for the cost of the updates. Some of the new features are nice. The coil selection feature and stereo mixed mode are my favorites. The dealers will let us know very soon. Rob

I am bummed about no Latin... I was thinking about learning Latin...

:blink:

J

I think they should send someone to my house to upgrade it for free then spend a day at the park with me for private instruction... but i'll send it it, laff.

I like the idea of th will be easier mixed mode in stereo too, that will be easier to understand I think... and the coil adjustment idea sounds wonderful.. heck, it all sounds good... now if they will just come to me house and do the upgrade...

J/K ... (I am joking in case someone doesn't realize it... this is the "internets" after all)

Thanks,

J

Some dealers have the info and others have it still in the mail. I only posted because Anne already posted in response to someone who already got one so the cat was out of the bag. Rob

Customers who purchased a V3 after November 1, 2009 will be able to return their detector to a V3 Upgrade
Center for a free upgrade. Shipping is $25. Customers who purchased a V3 before November 1, 2009 can
upgrade at a cost of $99.95 (plus $25 shipping). V3 Upgrade Certificates will be available for customers late-April.

This is from a White's memo that I received a few minutes ago.

P.S. I might add the $100 upgrade looks like it is just covering the cost of the new software, the V3i sells for $100 more than the V3.

One more nice feature on the V3i is the Prospecting Scan. It graphs the ground mineral changes as you hunt to ID areas more likely to contain gold.

n/t

The rumor is that some distributors have some now but are trying to lower the V3 inventory. If you want to save $75, buy a V3 and get the free upgrade. You only have to pay the $25 shipping.

n/t

I checked the new V3i out this last week and really liked the plot analyze screen a lot. (Seemed to be dead on for me.) The screen is divided into 4 quadrants. Straight graph lines from SW to NE reported a better target consistently... whereas squiggly or a looping configuration reports the lesser (or signal challenged) variables and SE to SW reported on iron/relic info. Messed with the interface a bit and it meshed really well with what we've already learned so not a big new curve at all.

I would have really liked to have spent more time with it but that'll have to wait for a while as I'm completely slammed at work, for at least the next couple weeks anyways...:sad:

If you do want to spring for the upgrade? Wait a bit. The spring "tune-up" season is here and turn around might be slower than usual.

It costs me $50 to ship my machine to Oregon.....now plus $100.00 upgrade and $25 to ship it back....Ouch!!!
I like the new upgrade features.....But I think $100 is a little steep.....I just had mine there 4 weeks ago...I know the upgrade wasn't available then....This can get expensive..

I'd gladly pay the fee just for the stereo mixed mode.My D2 is taking a crap again,so maybe I'll send the whole works in.:thumbup:

As I mentioned on the 'other' forum, you only need to ship the main control unit and the headphones.

Also, if you can wait a few weeks, we are setting up service centers to do the upgrade. They will be in VA, ILL, FLA, and CAL.

- Carl

We "EARLY" users of the VISION go out and TEST the NEW detectors and find the BUGS and work with White's to get the info back to them, NO books/manual---BAD COILS---= Now they want $$$ = Bad Taste.

July 29th ---I sent the V3 in for "POD" REPAIR ! ! ! And at the same time they did the software update. I guess that was to early for White's to inform of NEW upgrades coming down the pipeline

Jerry

This upgrade has nothing to do with mistakes. These are improvements and if you need or want them then we will pay it's only fair. You will have to decide if you will used them or not.

I really like the improved depth reading feature. By matching the coil there is more accuracy. But some some guys don't even pay much attention to depth readings and you might be happy as it is. This allows you to select one of 6 V-Nulled loops that we support. By selecting the loop you are using, the depth readout for a common coin target should be adjusted accordingly. Third party loops are not in the list.

The also liked the stereo mixed mode but I'll bet some of you never have even used mixed mode. Again it you think you will use it go for it. Stereo mixed mode requires stereo headphones. If running on speaker, the machine will default to normal mixed mode. Stereo mixed mode runs all metal audio in one ear, and discriminate audio in the other ear, all the time. Ears are selectable.

I don't prospect so I don't use that feature. . Prospect plot gives running ground phase plots (phase on the y axis, time on the x). It is still a search mode, but is a very slow plot as ground typically doesn't change very fast; you will still see VDI information and depth information. There are controls that you can set to set phase for the top of the graph, middle and bottom. There is also a "Cursor" or reference that if you want to know what phase the ground is, you can adjust the reference up or down and you will see the phase in the live control.

Polar plot will show phase information for targets, probably most useful where not digging deep, or in ground that isn't mineralized. Coins and nice targets tend to have nice straight lines. Bottle caps give very pretty curved lines. Some guys aren't using the analysis screen so you might not use this either.

Bottle cap reject is modified, you should be able to hear better breakup on bottle caps.

Audio Modulation range reversed from V3.

New track control - soil type. If hunting over non salt ground, probably want to select normal ground. This limits the tracking so it doesn't go too far off from where normal ground can be. However, if running in single frequency (or any 3 frequency for that matter), in an area that has wet salt, you can set the soil type to salt and allow the tracking to track up to salt water. Since salt is not removed in single frequency, or 3 frequency, the detector will still react when changing from wet salt ground to dry sand. Salt compensate has salt removed, so this should not be the case when switching between grounds.

Audio target and threshold volume ranges opened up you can run as quiet or as loud as you choose.

Various user interface improvements (remembers where you were in the menu even after power cycling the machine, and on live controls, etc), also some rearranging of menu selections.

It's not a detector any more. It's an analyzer.