Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish 540 update.

Tony-Ok

Need a Vanquish forum ?? No place to post . Maybe retire an older Minelab Forum with low posting .?? My question... has anyone got to use your 540 with the new update??? And how well is it , or maybe not so well?? I think this detector has a lot of potential to be a real coin killer!! HH Tony

I have a friend who just bought a Vanquish 540. How do we know if it has the update. Is their a way to tell without doing the update check on internet.
what dose the update actually do / add.
Doug

I have a friend who just bought a Vanquish 540. How do we know if it has the update. Is their a way to tell without doing the update check on internet.
Doug
It adds iron volume to the detector. I think all 540s would have to be updated to have iron volume. I was wondering if anyone out in the field have got to use the new updated 540?? To get there thoughts .

The update provides iron volume control for the 540 only and better battery performance too . It now has a low battery alert as well.You now have the option to settle how much volume (loudness) you want on iron coming in with a 10 segment choice of low to high. This can help make the non-ferrous targets stand out a little better.

Ok I talked to him and he says he did the update.
Im running Equinox 600/800 so everything on the 540 is easy for me to understand.
I’ve been watching some videos on the Vanquish 540 and it’s a darn nice machine.
its operating on the same system off the Equinox
Doug

Doug
After powering up the unit, you can try holding the all metal button down and the letters FE should show on the screen. If it shows while holding in the all metal button you keep holding button down while simultaneously pressing the volume button either up or down. If it works, your up to date.

I just took a screen shot of your post and I’ll send it to him now

I been using the Vanquish 540 for a while now. It was to be my back up when the Equinox is in the shop which for me is once a week out of a month!!! I don't even use the Equinox any more!!! I been using lithium batteries getting good battery life and more power. I can't tell the difference in depth between my Equinox vs the Vanquish 540. The new update is a good improvement on the iron!!! Another thing is I can hunt areas now with the Vanquish that I could not with the Equinox because of the wifi boosters they put on the hotel for the beach guests. Now matter what I did the Equinox wouldn't shut up!!! With the Vanquish different story quiet as a mouse!!!

I been using the Vanquish 540 for a while now. It was to be my back up when the Equinox is in the shop which for me is once a week out of a month!!! I don't even use the Equinox any more!!! I been using lithium batteries getting good battery life and more power. I can't tell the difference in depth between my Equinox vs the Vanquish 540. The new update is a good improvement on the iron!!! Another thing is I can hunt areas now with the Vanquish that I could not with the Equinox because of the wifi boosters they put on the hotel for the beach guests. Now matter what I did the Equinox wouldn't shut up!!! With the Vanquish different story quiet as a mouse!!!
Sorry to hear about your experience with your Nox!......So far so good for me though with no issues.......Yes, the performance of the Vanquish has impressed me quite a bit. Great little metal detector especially for the money.

Ok I talked to him and he says he did the update.
Im running Equinox 600/800 so everything on the 540 is easy for me to understand.
I’ve been watching some videos on the Vanquish 540 and it’s a darn nice machine.
its operating on the same system off the Equinox
Doug
It is a Nox junior for sure. I wished this would have came out before the X-terra series. I’ll take the 540 any day over the 705. It’s a better performer with the aid of multi frequency and cheaper!

Need a Vanquish forum ?? No place to post . Maybe retire an older Minelab Forum with low posting .?? My question... has anyone got to use your 540 with the new update??? And how well is it , or maybe not so well?? I think this detector has a lot of potential to be a real coin killer!! HH Tony
What did the Vanquish update do for batteries? Will they last longer now or just low batt alert?

I might do the iron audio volume adjust tomorrow and give it a try. Honestly I don't have an issue with the loudness or volume of the low tone audio. I do enjoy the comfort and performance of the V - 540 and feel it has a lot to offer many consumers for the price.

It's a fun detector to learn even though it doesn't seem like there's a lot to learn. Just appreciating the pros and cons of both the high iron bias and low iron bias settings is good.

Monte

I got my wife the 540 two months ago, and I'm impressed..! It's WAY easier, and giving me more and better finds.

If the Vanquish 540 had been on the market a year ago... I would not have spent the extra money on my Nox-600

I'm thinking about selling my Nox

I have a brand new Vanquish 540 , never been opened, still in it's box if anyone is interested.