Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI numbers

101numlock

What if you were to hunt with a mostly open screen like in Andys old coin program how far down on the ferous scale do you guys still dig the Target? For instance would you still dig a 24-47 that is consistentfrom all directions? What about if it is all over the place on the ferous side but never above 19 and hitting 46-47 ?I have Doug a few targets like this and have always been Large nails or bolts.

I do not know if I would dig above say a 17 ferrous but definately if it were to bounce around up to a 19. (Ex 11-47,14-47,19-47) and so on. Long as the sounds are right and the conductive number right by all means dig. Everyone has their methods. Some work better than others. But when in doubt just dig.

You have to consider both the depth reading and size of the target.. and you can switch over to QM and an open screen to see if there is iron in, around, above, or under the target... but I wouldn't rely on the open screen to tell me what the target is. Still, usually if the FE number is 20 or higher it will be iron.. even, maybe 17 or higher... but when in doubt DIG.

Always use some disc, at least the relic pattern... it will help to unmask targets if you do.

J

Almost all places I will not dig over that 17-20 range. I've got 2 parks that I will dig anything that is repeatable in Andy's pattern. You can got to my youtube page and watch my hunts from Sept. and Oct. with Firewxman. I dug more one way hits with Fe's in the 20's than anywhere else and had good results. I've got other places that I will not dig anything over 20, as I've not had a descent find there yet. They were always barbwire, bent nails, fencing staples and the like. At times you'll definitly get a mid range Fe and Co 46 on something like a rusted washer or broken off square nut and the like.

So I will say this. You'd better dig a few of those "iffy" hits that give you the 20's at each place. Totally site dependent and you'll see what's there and what you machines telling you. MOST of the time it will be the bent nail or fencing staple, or flat rusted washer, but unitl you confirm that for a few digs, I wouldn't rule out coins in the 20's on the FE side.

NebTrac

my thoughts on it are i would dig it once to see what the etrac is telling me and log it in the old memory bank it doesnt hit these numbers very often so i think it is worth an initial looooooook in uk our hammered coins come up in 22s so we will always dig in that area