Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very interesting video for coins on edge!

Mark kus

It’s a great video I’m going to check my machine see if it does the same in this video it works great in single frequency
Hitting a silver half in edge .
But will not hit it in multi frequency!!!

https://youtu.be/3xrQ46EZQdQ

Software update? You are assuming 2 things when you expect that.

1. That the problem is in fact software, and nor, for example the coil.

2. That ML would be willing to do the update - their track. Record on that score ain’t so great.

Still, it’s good to see that they’ve are interested.

It’s strange because the multi frequency in the CTX picks it up fine on edge?
My Etrac was the same only found one silver half with it in a years time ?
I hunt a lot with my Deus and in less than one year I’ve found 3 walker and two Franklin half’s
And one Morgan Dollar with solid hits all 97 the VDI number never wavered so I’ve come
To learn to make a nice plug and center up with my Deus.
I’ve found plenty of silver with my Equinox no half’s yet but numbers are not as consistent as my
Deus.

I have a 600 and tried a silver dime, quarter and a half on edge. Hits it on all coins . Using park 2.

Yup if you watch the video he has it in Park 1 which the iron bias is at 6 if that's a 2 it will sing beautiful!!!

I tried the test on my 800 and it hits silver on edge, I think it is user error, your going to get different TIDs on edge vs flat but they still ring as a good target.

Bud-sc said:
Put the iron bias at 2 and you will hit any silver on edge.

The technology surpasses the user. That happens a lot in this age, with many different products. The customer thinks it's malfunctioning, but has not read or understood every feature of the device.

I just tested this with 4 diff silver coins - war nickel, merc dime, seated quarter, Kennedy half. Factory settings on park 1 and park 2 nailed them each time.

Are all you guys in multi?

Mkus said:
It’s a great video I’m going to check my machine see if it does the same in this video it works great in single frequency
Hitting a silver half in edge .
But will not hit it in multi frequency!!!

https://youtu.be/3xrQ46EZQdQ

Interesting video thanks for taking the time to post. Just got an equinox 800 so I haven't been able to put it through this kind of testing & scrutiny. Hopefully there will be an accurate explanation of what caused this situation ??? :)

Coinnoisseur said:

The technology surpasses the user. That happens a lot in this age, with many different products. The customer thinks it's malfunctioning, but has not read or understood every feature of the device.

Your right!!! Don't take the time to read the instructions. OR either he another Equinox basher seen a lot of these guys!!! YouTube loaded with them.

Coinnoisseur said:

I have not checked but beach mode must run low iron bias to?

Im on vacation....but will test it. Steve mentioned this issue way back when he first got it and I passed it to awell known tester. Is it possible .... the first nox were a bit different? For some reason I believe I confirmed that mine reacted the same way on that silver half.... so I dont believe hes bashing the machine.

Honestly I can set the Nox and the CTX up so it doenst detect anything! I can also set them up so they detect almost everything, or whatever I want to see or hear! When I first heard this my first thought was if you dont hear a tone or see a number, do you go ahead and dig anyway, because it might be a coin on edge? Looks to me like someone has done their best to create a "look at me" moment, and is like picking fly crap out of the pepper!

Iron bias at 6 VS 2?

Big big difference!!

The Nox will hit coins on edge just fine and better at it when in Park 2.

Jeff in Pa said:
Iron bias at 6 VS 2?

Big big difference!!

The Nox will hit coins on edge just fine and better at it when in Park 2.
Same with field 2?