Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very promising

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/2018-year-of-the-equinox

Sorry i just can't believe this stuff. All this super finds are people that work with Minelab, it's logical that this is only propaganda. The other day i was looking at a video of a guy i don't know where he was but it was not in América, and he was in a field where hundreds or maybe thousands of metal detectors of all kind of brands detected that field, he said it him self. What really put my attention is that he was finding coins only 2, or 3 inch deep and those coins we're the size of a quater maybe bigger and Made of silver. How is it possible that no one had ever pickup those coins in a field that has been hunted for years and years , i think the cheapest detector would of find those coins. I Will wait and see the real tests with people like me that don't work with Minelab to see if all of this is true.

MEV said:
Sorry i just can't believe this stuff. All this super finds are people that work with Minelab, it's logical that this is only propaganda. The other day i was looking at a video of a guy i don't know where he was but it was not in América, and he was in a field where hundreds or maybe thousands of metal detectors of all kind of brands detected that field, he said it him self. What really put my attention is that he was finding coins only 2, or 3 inch deep and those coins we're the size of a quater maybe bigger and Made of silver. How is it possible that no one had ever pickup those coins in a field that has been hunted for years and years , i think the cheapest detector would of find those coins. I Will wait and see the real tests with people like me that don't work with Minelab to see if all of this is true.

MEV...I am a DIE HARD Minelab user and I COMPLETELY AGREE! There has to be usage of the Equinox out in the field by “Joe Blow” to know what the average guy can do with it right out of the box. There are SO many variables in conditions that those of us who are going to wait a bit (I’m waiting because I have to) will be able to see results reported from all walks of detecting. Steve is obviously a well known guy who has been hunting for many many years. But I personally still want Joe Blow to tell me about it,because he’s the guy that spent the money on it and is not affiliated with the manufacturer,no disrespect intended AT ALL! To AVOID the possibility that it might actually be marketing hype....we just have to eliminate that from the equation to be sure.
I’m again,as I said before,very sure it will be a very good performer.

He said in his report what his goal was--give us some new test results as a way of saying, "Happy New Year."

His report was clear, concise, and professional.

The results he had using a new detector in a "hunted out" park pretty much says it all--probably hundreds of detectorists had been all over this park, using probably every brand and model of detector known to mankind, and they missed a big pile of wheaties and silver coins, that SHOULD have been in detection range of most machines.

Also, the significance of his style of hunting--cherry-picking, trying to beat the freezing weather--says quite a bit about the machine, when you consider the quality and number of finds. He said he was cherry-picking for copper and silver, because of time restraints, and looks to me like the machine did pretty much what he hoped it would do.

So: hats off to Steve for putting together one of the more informative, encouraging reports on the Equinox thus far. :thumbup:

Wow you people amaze me you clearly have never done work for a major manufacturer you are not paid to be a tester. You don't work for minelab guys like Steve and Brandon have years of experience and a reputation to uphold. I find basically call these guys liars asinine. Why does it have to be all hype?? Why can't it be true. Joe blow will get is chance and like with all detectors some will love it some won't. Atleast he gave us some info on his experience. I see nonstop whinny on here oh where are the tester blah blah blah. Now we get a report and oh it's all bs it's hype it's marketing. I can't wait for the nox to be out so it will shine or fail either way this whinny crap will stop.

Nop they do not pay you to be a tester , but you get a free metal detector and a lot more!

Mtwolf..

This is what it's like on this forum...find something on the EQ that you think others might want to read and post it on here ..it's like throwing a hole hog into a school of sharks...just sit back and watch there won't be anything left of it... Caint wait to get my EQ ...nice post.

MEV said:
Nop they do not pay you to be a tester , but you get a free metal detector and a lot more!

Sometimes you get the machine often you don't . Sorry but like I said Steve and Brandon have reputations that I am sure mean more then risking that by as you say selling propaganda. I for one thank guys like Steve for putting out info on what they have experienced. Yes there are good targets being masked by trash and iron that many of the top machine miss. There is equal chance that the hype is real and that it's not propaganda seeing how the machine is not out yet. So where you see it as bs I see it as promising.

Ksdirt said:
Mtwolf..

This is what it's like on this forum...find something on the EQ that you think others might want to read and post it on here ..it's like throwing a hole hog into a school of sharks...just sit back and watch there won't be anything left of it... Caint wait to get my EQ ...nice post.

Thank you and I agree

Greg (E.Tn) said:
He said in his report what his goal was--give us some new test results as a way of saying, "Happy New Year."

His report was clear, concise, and professional.

The results he had using a new detector in a "hunted out" park pretty much says it all--probably hundreds of detectorists had been all over this park, using probably every brand and model of detector known to mankind, and they missed a big pile of wheaties and silver coins, that SHOULD have been in detection range of most machines.

Also, the significance of his style of hunting--cherry-picking, trying to beat the freezing weather--says quite a bit about the machine, when you consider the quality and number of finds. He said he was cherry-picking for copper and silver, because of time restraints, and looks to me like the machine did pretty much what he hoped it would do.

So: hats off to Steve for putting together one of the more informative, encouraging reports on the Equinox thus far. :thumbup:

2X this. Well said Greg.

Rich (Utah)

amberjack said:
i test my detectors, no one else can test them like i do.

AJ

AJ is spot on here. I used an Explorer XS for years. Loved it. My hunting buddy thought it sounded like a dying flutist. Picking your main detector is a very personal thing.
I think before we head off and buy a new detector, we all want to know if that dog can hunt.

My impression so far is YES, I believe this dog can hunt. Watching these reports this dog may have some real talent. Will I like the machine in my hand hunting my locations? I will have to decide that when the package arrives and I get to start using it in the field.

Rich (Utah)

If you guys dont believe its possible for this machine to make these finds in the hands of some quality hunters why even look at it? Its human nature i guess to start out with your glass half full and take a shot at the weak points...... i do. But knowing some of these testers passion for the hobby and their real desire to ensure ML gives us a quality machine i see no reason to throw stones at their report or finds. Im betting its going to be more difficult sorting thru the fish stories after lol. Steve has given us some great information with in his limits...... sometimes the finds say more than the man. Good job Steve.

Dew

I have a lot of respect for someone like Steve who obviously puts ALOT of effort into his craft. And since he’s been looking in these places for 3 years and was able to pull (quick calculation from pic) 300+ targets out of these places in 48 hours ON TOP of what he’d found before...the EQ may very well obsolete the VLFs he’s been using.
I am curious if Randy Horton has been testing the Equinox as well?

the guy is a dope he comes on here and cry's like a little baby because someone quoted a paragraph off his public forum... gets no respect from me if your for the betterment of detecting then so be it, if not write a book and sell it or grow some balls.

edited 4 times to clean it up.. if i said what i really think :poke:

AJ

One of my favorite sayings is "you only get one reputation" with that being said regardless of compensation or not Steve, Gordon, Brandon Etc. aren't going to put their necks on the chopping block for the sake of one new product.

I agree with you A J that everyones needs and styles are different and the machine has to fit that ones needs, but with out purchasing/borrowing a machine how else do you determine if you are indeed interested in the new/different technology?

HH Jeff

i don't have a reputation so i got nothing to lose :bouncy: good place to be :biggrin: some people like the spot light for what ever reason ? i know the real detectorists who find stuff and i am talking gold here don't tell anyone anything and would make these guys look like weekend hackers so just for me i don't place to much credence in self promotion..

if i want to try a detector i have to shove my hand in my pocket its that simple and really i am the best ad minelab can get because i say don't listen to the ad's, i say try it for yourself and if they wanted a report from me that's what i would say i am not qualified to know what anyone else needs.. or to say how good a detector is i know what works for me and that's all i know and am still working on that..

ad's are ad's and that's fine because people like to feel good about reaching in to their pocket i get that :thumbup:

for me its not about feeling good its about do i want to try this detector and if so how many clams worth of trying is it worth and if i don't need it will i get what percentage back?

all a bit of fun and there are no sheep stations at stake for me, minelab well they may have a bit more invested in it than i do so they need to find the "stars" to help them recoup and make a profit i would probably do the same thing :biggrin:

but i don't so i wont..

AJ

Well I see nothings changed around here. A guy posts info that people have been “demanding” from “testers”, and immediately its dismissed as hype and propaganda. This is the reason that it’s usually several months before I look at these forums, I try, but always the same group of @$$holes with no life or nothing better to do than be negative and scoff at anything posted. I think the Equinox will be a game changer. I think it’s going to smoke the CTX and yes I have one, but every time Minelab has released new tech it usually blows away everything that came before it. So I can’t wait to get mine and then post what the results are, but I’m sure the same group will discount it because I’m just “some guy”. As opposed to being propaganda for Minelab. At the end of the day though I could care less what these whining clowns think post or do!

First, this is a forum and the purpose is to discuss things whether you are for the subject, or against the subject.

Second, if you think myself, Steve, or anyone is infallible, beyond bias, or otherwise perfect, you are in for a rude awakening. As a tester myself(for other products), I felt slightly bias just for the simple fact I was picked as a tester. That's not to say you can't be objective, however, subconsciously, you may have a bias.

Lastly, having said the above, I feel that the timing of the article, as well as the content seems highly suspect. I have found a spot like that loaded with silver coins, but it was never hit before. To say this is a spot that was hit by peter, pau,l mary, and hundreds of others, and they all missed all those silvers in a picnic area, appears to be too unrealistic for my own tastes.

I will be getting my Equinox early Feb by the latest and I will be able to do some tests. If my ground thaws, maybe some in ground stuff or an actual hunt. I will post the video.