Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very promising

Can’t wait. I’m sure some will call you a liar and argue anything you post as well

I'm sure there are people out there that disagree with anything I post, even if it was something they agreed with on another forum. But that is the thing, if you post anything, anywhere, your posts are open to ridicule.

Also, if people are going to hurl some accusations, be prepared to back them up. I am alright with a civil debate and hey, sometimes i'm wrong.

Yes, it does sound very interesting!
I wish I still commute to California for business like I used to and, while out there would go out to the gold fields up north to detect for gold. It would be interesting to see how the Equinox does.
I can't wait to get my Equinox and learn it well prior to the ground thawing out.

A couple of people are rightly saying that "testers" do not say anything negative in public.

An important part of a testers role is to tell Minelab or whatever company during the testing phase what is good or not good so that improvements or changes can be made before the actual production models .
The company wants and needs total honesty at that testing phase time so the tweeks and changes result in a capable machine released to the public.

Its important then that he testers do say any negatives, but they cannot talk publicly as they are bound by contract to the company.
So really thay cannot talk about certain things (within their contract) without possible legal action / possible large personal financial loss.

Minelab and other companies make testers sign contracts of secrecy for many reasons but a couple are :
to protect the particular technology that they developing.
to prevent unfair public statements of products that they have not even released yet

Once production models are out amongst the public other people can comment as they wish to.

A testers life is not all that great imho. Yes they do sometimes get free product but a lot of their own time and transport costs go into giving the companies what they need.
Testing is not all fun and can be quite demanding, regimented and with time deadlines.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Yes, it does sound very interesting!
I wish I still commute to California for business like I used to and, while out there would go out to the gold fields up north to detect for gold. It would be interesting to see how the Equinox does.
I can't wait to get my Equinox and learn it well prior to the ground thawing out.

I’m going to unthaw out a patch in my back yard with a blow torch and test for 5 mins before my fingers freeze :)

I think it would have been more convincing had he made a video to show the real hunting of finding those coins,,I think there would be less negativity,,I myself kinda wonder looking at those pictures,But this is really big deal in the detector market that we have not seen in awhile and were all getting impatient on when this machine will finally make it way to dealers,,,

Amazing the degree of anger in some people over testers and their opinions. Really seems like a lot of sour grapes. If you have ever tried to do a thorough analysis of a detector and/or tried to do a fair comparison of two different detectors, you should have some idea how much time something like that takes. Now take a brand new, not on the market detector and be responsible for finding every hardware and software flaw. The time that would take would not be offset by a "free" (cough, cough) detector. Not even close. If you don't care about anybody's opinion on any detector,, what are you doing here besides spreading anger and negativity? what is the point of verbally beating up people that are trying to give information. I don't know Steve. Never met him. I have read most of what he has written about the Equinox. He repeatedly emphasizes that he is giving his experience, in his type of hunting, and that the reader may not have the same relationship with the detector in their kind of hunting. So, in essence, he agrees with you angry lot - try it for yourself to find out how it does for you. Personally, I think he comes across as a class act. When he disagrees with someone, or even when he has been outright insulted, his responses are professional and well thought out and show restraint - he gives folks the benefit of the doubt. Some of you folks could learn from that. It is possible to voice disagreement without the vitriol. Disagreement is good. It furthers the discussion. Disagreement is far more productive when it is not saturated with emotion.

I like the comments by Terra1959 as my thinking is similar. As for Steve's report on the other site I don't have a problem and am glad for the information. I'm sure he's not stretching the facts as he does have his credibility to protect. Does that mean everyone will have the same results in hunted areas...? Heck no! That will probably lead some to more negative comments. I have gotten a chuckle over those whose panties are in a ruffle but that's part of hype and anticipation, especially if you preordered. The next great coming of "sliced bread", wonder gadget or whatever, it gets people excited when some info trickles out, especially the way Minelab made a splash (er, JUMP rather LOL) with the product announcement.
I'll wait and see if this a detector that I will purchase based on the real feedback from the early adopters. Minelab could have sent me one, I'd have put it through some testing - oh YES!
I hope the Equinox is a hit, but I have nothing invested so far except reading reports & rants.
Happy New Years & Detecting 2018

I have a lot of respect for Steve H. so I take on board what he has said.
I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say once the Nox is in the field with regular detectorists.