Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very Rare and Expensive Find Today

scubadetector

I went to go out on my boat today to detect a spot in lake St. Clair 14 miles out. While putting my gear on the dock a super rare piece of my equipment rolled off and drowned in 8' of water. So I had to gear up and go fetch it.

You are looking at a success story of me finding the middle and end shafts to my Equinox 800.

:surprised::clapping::rofl:
At least you were well prepared for the retrieval!

scubadetector said:
I went to go out on my boat today to detect a spot in lake St. Clair 14 miles out. While putting my gear on the dock a super rare piece of my equipment rolled off and drowned in 8' of water. So I had to gear up and go fetch it.

You are looking at a success story of me finding the middle and end shafts to my Equinox 800.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/robertg_g/2018/20180703_084902_zpsylbhjfk8.jpg

Well, while you were there, did you look around for anything else that may have rolled off in the past? Glad you got your shaft back!!!

\"Carolina\" said:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/robertg_g/2018/20180703_084902_zpsylbhjfk8.jpg

Well, while you were there, did you look around for anything else that may have rolled off in the past? Glad you got your shaft back!!!

This is my dock in the marina. Nothing out there but muck. I built the dock and this was the first thing I dropped in the water!

scubadetector said:

This is my dock in the marina. Nothing out there but muck. I built the dock and this was the first thing I dropped in the water!

Hahahaha, well my bad and hope it's the only thing you drop of your dock!

Tony in kc said:
I know the feeling..glad you found it..

So am I. With parts totally non existent I am happy I had the means and the ability to find it also. That was my first success story for the day. Later I had another success story in finding a very expensive propeller for a speedboat. An 1800.00 find.

Now that is a nice find Robert, might be a bit on the heavy side to wear as a pendant on a necklace :rofl: Just goes to show that not everything we find is jewelry, I found a dental bridge for a neighbor after he sneezed it out in tall grass. That was a $1700 find :detecting:
Laplander

laplander said:
Now that is a nice find Robert, might be a bit on the heavy side to wear as a pendant on a necklace :rofl: Just goes to show that not everything we find is jewelry, I found a dental bridge for a neighbor after he sneezed it out in tall grass. That was a $1700 find :detecting:
Laplander

Nothing I find this year for folks has been jewelry. Six - ten phones, and glasses, boat parts, dock parts, fishing equipment. Today was an I - phone and prescription glasses, and then the rear window for a boat. It has been a crazy busy summer.

Yea that prop is a bit heavy for a pendant. It was hard for me to bring up while carrying my metal detector.