Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video of finding Walkers

Here are two short clips of me pulling up two half dollars. One was on Thursday the 9th, the other Tuesday the 14th. Total of 3 walkers found in less than a week. When you're hot.....
http://youtu.be/p_7Djk2aHfg
http://youtu.be/pRr8AxJ9iRE
Sitting on 71 silvers for the year. Used my SE Pro for this trip. All the halves rang up as clear 00-29. Also pulled 6 silver dimes during trip last week. Enjoy.

Congrats! Great finds!
Please get yourself a water tight pill bottle larger than a half dollar diameter. Resist the urge to see the date, don't rub that silver, drop it in the water. After a few minutes you will find most of the soil has dropped off and you may be able to view the details you want to see - date and mint. If need be use running tap water to loosen the rest but no rubbing. Im not trying to be a buzz kill but I cringed when I saw you do that the first time and then the second. If you found a key date and did that rub….youd kill much of the numismatic value for the striations that the fine particles of dirt will create. Again - CONGRATS!!!

Outstanding! Great vids, thanks for the share Bob!..:please:

Dont Rub you say? YTcoinshooter! I fear you would have an infarction if you ever saw me stab those old coins with a screwdriver!:rofl:

Thats good advice though, one solid key date find can certainly pay for all your gear and your truck..as long as a guy dont stab it or rub it..:thumbup:
I was more surprised you could dig a hole on an active sportsfield! Cant do that here, a guy has to stab and try to fish the target out of a small hole the size a robin would make..Nebraska must be a very friendly place to hunt!
Mud

Great finds there Pastor Bob! :thumbup:

I just think Walkers are one of the best looking American coins ever minted.

I have not found one yet, but maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day. :)

Very Nice Digging on the Walkers, I didn't see a rag where you can put the Loose dirt back in the Hole along with the Plug

Nice huntn Bob! I used to live in Gordon Ne. (NW) and kinda miss it now that I detect. Lots of abandoned houses around there. I have never used a rag for the dirt on my sports field either, it brushes right back in for the most part, flip the plug back in, stomp it a bit and fluff the grass with my foot. It rains in about 10 min. and viola` you cant even see where I was. (ok maybe I'm exaggerating about the rain a little bit) I think sometimes it depends not only on the soil you're piling up on the side but the grass the soil is getting piled onto. :thumbup: I know if I tried that at my fairgrounds it would look like we had a mole problem.

You guys are right about the holes, especially this time of the year, fill'n stomp and no worries..its just that around here if a fellow would get seen digging on a sportsfield, He'd get tossed right quick or worse...Oh well Bob, I didnt want to bust your clanks about it, I know you are a serious and professional guy, and dont leave a trace, I was thinking for the sake of all the noobs out there who see a video and think, OK! Off to the park with the pickaxe I go! :rofl: Well, keep the finds coming!
Mud

Wow, the reason you did not see a towel is that the half was right in the hole after I pulled the plug out. I did not have to remove any dirt it was right there, but yes I always use a towel.

Congrats, Bob! Where were those half dollars when I came through there? LOL. Glad to see your count for the year is high.