Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Visitors From the North -- Part 1 (1700s Spanish Reale !!)

Cajuncoinhunter

Larry (IL) and I out on a battlefield area. Made some good finds on this video to include a 1700s Spanish reale. Need help ID'ing some of the brass targets too. Thanks. CCH

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_2iOrA-14I[/video]

Awesome finds Men........ Enjoyed going on the hunt via video with you.. THANKS !!

As usual a great video. Is time getting short? Any more hunts left?

Good hunting, keep it up.

It fun to watch detectorists from different areas and the finds recovered. Nice Job.

Congrat good hunt.:twodetecting::thumbup:

Elton,

Although we were hunting on a Civil War battleground, there were evidence of at least three old homesteads in the section we were hunting that I counted, I'm sure there are more. (Broken glass and pottery) I suspect all three of the homesteads were pre Civil War and that is where CCH found the Reale. I'm am guessing the homesteads date back to the 1700's to early 1800's.

Loved the video. Especially loved that reale. That's one nice piece and the history behind it would be so interesting to know. I could see that with a nice gold bezel around it. :) It's a priceless find CCH. Thanks for the video and your hospitality. HH, Nancy

n/t

The buckle that Larry found appears to be part of a rifle "sling" or leather strap. Pieces very similar to the piece you found are still being used on rifle barrels today.
John london