Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VOLUME??????

redbird

Can any one help with the volume issue, it seems to be locked in at 48 does not go lower than that and its too loud for my ears. Im still young you know.
the regular headphones are no problem, but the wireless blows my ears out with the dam starting and ending notes etc!!!!

Just went out a bit ago and found 48 to be too loud too. ( I want to protect my hearing so I hope they have a patch for it.) At 48 it was better though.

This problem with the loud beep only happens when the headphone is starting up and shutting down. There is no volume control on the headset to control this. Once the headset is connect to the detector the volume control of the detector takes over. I tested this at least 5 times.

I shut down the detector and removed the batteries from the detector to ensure the headset was completely divorced from the detector. I once again pushed the button on the headset and still had the loud beep.

So as a result of this, it appears to be the headset with no control of volume over the start up and shutdown loud beep of the headset.

BOB

Hi,

Yeah, so far I've not found any way to get rid of the startup and shutdown beep. I simply turn the headphones on before putting them on, and take them off before powering down.

Steve Herschbach

Hey steve, do find that 48 is comfortable? I can't take that volume. I need to take it down more any sugestions ? If the chiming doesn't go down then you should be able to adjust the way the headphones operate, This should go to 0 I don't understand why they would set this machine so loud .

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Hey White's maybe an internal headphone adjustment qualified owners, dealers or service can do?

I agree with redbird. The musical note volume is way too high at start Up & shut down with the headphones on and there is no obvious volume control for it. Even the Threshold volume at 1 seems a little loud and I prefer it on and not off with a 0 value. The threshold would probably be OK if the overall volume could be turned down. The remaining volume controls at the lowest setting of 48 are still pretty high. The Vision is an outstanding detector so lets hope the White's engineers can get us an easy fix....Don

Hi Redbird,

The target volume at 48 is too loud for my liking. I would prefer to set it lower, but have not been able to find a way. The Vision can be revised via software updates and so this may be something that needs to be fixed with an update. Hopefully Carl will chime in at some point.

Steve Herschbach

A limiter in the headphones or something in the software could have helped.
The start up is like a gun to wake up and get going - lol. I'm getting the habit of not having the headphones fully over the ears on the start and finish line.
I am liking the wireless headphone system though more than I would have thought.

I see you put up a 10" D2 coil - hang on the headphones a bit - hopefully a fix, tweak or something comes up soon.

If I recall correctly, the XLT that I owned had the same problem. The XLT was first released in 1994 as the Spectrum, I believe, and one would think that after 15 years, White

You are not being ignored. I need to let Carl chime in on any more though. Just letting you know that you are being heard and not ignored.

Another vote for 48 is way too loud for general detecting with the headphones on, how can we get the target sound lower.

The volume issue has been noted. We (White's) need to figure out the best way to fix this for customers. We can either do a software fix in the detector, or a hardware fix in the headphones. There are drawbacks to either way. I will get everyone together Monday and decide what to do.

- Carl

Carl-NC said:
The volume issue has been noted. We (White's) need to figure out the best way to fix this for customers. We can either do a software fix in the detector, or a hardware fix in the headphones. There are drawbacks to either way. I will get everyone together Monday and decide what to do.

- Carl

I have a fix and this was the only way to use these headphones, I went out today and used ear plugs and it worked (Protected my ears)didnt find much just a wheat and some change tried to use the scope to recognize the gold but was just digging foil, the ground was wet so when I started the machine and ground balanced it I heard no noise so I guess it was balanced, along I went and the machine was falsing so I lowered the sensitivity and it did calm some but it still was there enough to deal with. I find that using the regular headphones( GREY GHOST) I could not hear to well, I increased the volume until I heard the hum and as soon as I hit a target it bang my ears ??? I could not use the headphones at my normal settings.

After it pounds the ears enough, especially older folks, 48 may not be enough for some - but I know what you mean.