Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vx3:

It might have its place but there was no advancements. It had features removed in an attempt to make it easy to use for some people. There will be no bugs because all the features it has are already in the v3i. It's the same as the M6/MXT setup.

the dfx should stick around, just with a lowered price and a d2 coil . somewhere between vx3 and lower model.

I can't see adding a more expensive coil and then lowing the price on a detector. Prices go up not down. I'm not saying it is not a good detector. Look what happened to the XLT another favorite of many people.

The VX3 is a great addition to the the White's line. It's what I'm looking for personally. DD coils just don't do the job in moderate soil, the concentric coil is patented and mastered by White's and belongs on their machines. Any white's user has cut their teeth on a machine using one of these coils, and they go deep. DD coils are too vulnerable to EMF, not something that the V line with three independent frequencies needs to confuse the user.
White's has made a KISS version of there flag ship model and it is what detector buyers want. At least that is what I want. The DFX had more ways to screw it up.

In order to remain competative, I believe Whites has made a really good decision in the VX3. If it performs well I will buy one. I don't want to "have to" purchase WHP and a recharge pack. Some guys will use the charging packages and HP from there older White's and buy that stuff only if they need it. Keep the options as options on my detector and I will buy.

Good Job White's. I think you will win back a lot of old customers.

Good point, the NICAD packs will work fine. As you said many guys have wired HP's and will use them.

I think there will be a lot of people like you Beat. I predict the VX3 will outsell the V3i in short order although the (i) has many features that is worth the extra $300 to me.

thebeatmachine said:
The VX3 is a great addition to the the White's line. It's what I'm looking for personally. DD coils just don't do the job in moderate soil, the concentric coil is patented and mastered by White's and belongs on their machines. Any white's user has cut their teeth on a machine using one of these coils, and they go deep. DD coils are too vulnerable to EMF, not something that the V line with three independent frequencies needs to confuse the user.
White's has made a KISS version of there flag ship model and it is what detector buyers want. At least that is what I want. The DFX had more ways to screw it up.

In order to remain competative, I believe Whites has made a really good decision in the VX3. If it performs well I will buy one. I don't want to "have to" purchase WHP and a recharge pack. Some guys will use the charging packages and HP from there older White's and buy that stuff only if they need it. Keep the options as options on my detector and I will buy.

Good Job White's. I think you will win back a lot of old customers.

I am not an old Whites customer, the VX will be my first Whites machine. I am waiting for the big brown truck to get it to me. I actually like the more simplistic approach to it. I also have no need for the whites headphones as I have been using the auvio wireless headphones on my other machines for a while and I actually think they perform great(radio shack is currently clearancing them for $49 from $80 if anyone is ineterested in trying them. They work on 2.4ghz part#33-283. Their only downfall to me is you can not hunt along someone else using them also as they will interfere with each other. I hunt solo 99% of the time though)
I also know this is going to sound crazy, but I dont really want the rechargeable battery either because I always forgot to charge the one on the etrac I had and ended up using the alkaline pack more than not anyhow.:laugh: just me being lazy I suppose!
Anyway, I know the v3i is the king of the Whites units, but I thought the vx3 looked about perfect for myself. I hope to find out pretty soon!
In closing, Hello all fellow Whites users! I am happy to be part of the group:beers: