Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Walker Found Behind Whites Guys

ryanchappell

Found the half dollar Friday in a very junky city 200+ house tear down area. Lightning struck, after locatin a few whears, I got a steady 12-47 that bounced 06-47, and 10-46. I felt good about it since it was near a wheat and not as blaring as the copper pipe, and can tops were with very similar signal. I though it could be a silver quarter, clad quarter, silver dime, or a flat aluminium soda cap, but none the less it was a 1947 Walking Liberty!!!! Chillbump worth find!!

Had a nice week found the gaudy 925 silver ring yesterday, and a merc Wednesday, and the Barber the prior week!

Gotta love it!

I get good money for alll my sterling rings on Craigslist, Dont sell sterling for scrap if you can help it. That is if you sell them at all. I get 30 to 50 for some of the nicer rings. Most of the rings I find have been worth less than 5 dollars at the scrap gold and silver buyer. All the ones I have sold have brought at least 3 times their scrap value. Idigid

Wow...what a sweet half dollar! Great find! Many congrats...:wiggle:

Thanks for the comments and checking things out!

Good advice on the craigslist selling. I was thinking the ring might fetch a bit on ebay, but I think Craigs would be even better. I don't think I will ever sell my finds. I will probably fill up a chest or something with precious metals!

ryanchappell said:
Thanks for the comments and checking things out!

Good advice on the craigslist selling. I was thinking the ring might fetch a bit on ebay, but I think Craigs would be even better. I don't think I will ever sell my finds. I will probably fill up a chest or something with precious metals!

At this point we also save our Rings and continue to enjoy them

I believe your "gaudy" ring is actually Fancy and Pretty :wiggle:

Real nice finds - congrats!

Love the WLH - what a great looking coin !

Great Job! Thanks for posting,
Bunker

WTG!!!:minelab:

banditicey said:
I believe your "gaudy" ring is actually Fancy and Pretty :wiggle:

Thanks!!

Joe of South Jersey said:
Congrats on the nice haul....If there is so much trash you may want to try a smaller coil.
Just a recommendation......

I forgot to mention I am using a 8x6 SEF and like it a lot, but I am wanting a Sunray 5" and a X-1 real bad. Maybe someday. I love the DD coils and would probably never go back to a concentric, they do wonders in junk and mineralization.