Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want to see who is using X1probe with Etrac and who is not.

EddieB

Would all you guys respond. Just wondering if this could be some of the problem for those that are not having success.Thanks in advance!! Happing Hunting EddieB

I used one all last year on a diffrent machine. Now i use a Pro pointer and havent looked back.

Hi Eddie!

The X-1 on any Explorer (including the E-Trac or as I like to call it the Explorer III) is a neccessay evil (haven't tried the ProPointer yet). Has nothing to do with those that are moaning about the E-Trac though - I have yet to see one of these guys bring an Explorer and E-Trac together in the field and show us a case where the Explorer will hit a target that the E-Trac won't as long as the E-Trac is set up properly. I know at least one guy has both (as do I)....so those that claim the E-Trac won't do what you Explorer will how about showing us the proof before you raise your poison pen and turn off more potential E-Trac customers from our important sponsors. I think people's opinions are good, but please try and quantify them with some fact - it'll benefit everyone.

I can just see the guy that loves the ride of his Oldsmobile complaining about a new high-end sports car saying it was the worst money he ever spent because he misses the feel of his old car that had served him so darn well.

Hey Guys, I should have explained the reason I'm asking this question: not trying to start any problems only trying to come to some reasonable conclusion. I myself use the x1 probe on my etrac. I know according to the post that Digitrich and JimUpstateNY has posted that they use the x1 probe also. I assume they both use it on their Etracs. Some of you guys are claiming 19 ins air testing on a penny in 30 manual. I know that RayMo and Jim Pugh do not use the x1 on their Etrac according to their postings. Most of you guys state that your machine has very little falsing: I myself use the x1 probe and haven't tried the Etrac without the x1 yet. I run my machine in auto+3. In most of my hunting areas, the auto+3 runs from 19 -25. In coin pattern even notching out the 1-29 thru -38 my ET still falses alot and these numbers still displays. As for the 19 ins air testing on a penny, my machine gets around 10ins. Jim and Digitrich both are having problems with falsing issues and lack of depth. I just can't understand why some machines are running with very little falsing in iron and getting extreme deep in air testing and others are not. Again, not complaining, but I myself want the same results out of my machine that others are getting and I know that Jim and Digitrich does also. In my opinion they are wanting the Etrac to be an Explorer and we know that it is not. I love this forum and truly appreciate all you guys that are willing to help one another in all that you share. I hope all you guys that post on this forum will respond. Thank you all !! EddieB

I have both an Etrac and an SE. No way am I getting 19" on a coin air testing. The SE and Etrac get similar results air testing. Around 10" on a penny as well. The X1 is on the Etrac and the SE does not have one on it.

no x-1 here.i should say not yet ,have thought about it quite a bit, I used a treasure mate handheld for about the first 4 months when i started detecting and havent used it since then

With all the loot you have been finding you don't need a probe. :clapping: Just kidding. The first thing I did after getting the SE is get an 8" coil, junk the stock coil, and attach the X-1. If I hadn't done that I'd join digitrich in his post only I'd complain about the SE. Soon as I got the ET I Moved it to it and I couldn't hunt without it or its equivalent on any machine. I worked with a guy the other day who had the new Garrett probe and it was sweet. I'd guess it has the same or better depth than the X-1. I'd say from what I saw they are real comparable. Their is an advantage hearing your probe through your headphones though. The pistol probe looks to be the new hot toy. I wonder if it is too deep. I also wonder about its length and putting it in and then taking it out of it's holster all day. It would be like drawing a 6" revolver, sticking the barrell in the ground and then putting it back in its holster...all day long. I use an ACE 250 in the tot-lot pitts and I need a probe better than the old Tiny Tech I still have in the box. Don't know which of the new two I'll get. Regards...Jim Eddie...stay out of the parks and woods will you? Leave some of the loot for others.

Good Day Eddie, I have been using an X-1 Probe on my Explorer SE for 2 years and transferred it to my E-Trac. About 2 weeks after the transfer the probe started to go haywire, and i could not pinpoint with it. I played around on the bench at home and found that it was picking up the coins up to 5" off the side, and 4" off the front of the coil, but not all the time, about 70%. I bought a new X-1 and it has done it once on the bench, but not in the field yet, but it has only been used a couple of times.

Has anyone else had these problems

I wouldn't leave home without it. It will false a lot if your volume gain is too high while in manual sens.
HH,
MT

n/t

that would be a bit nicer to look at and use without the need to cut holes and keep all the cables outside.

I use the X-1 with the big coils only. Works just fine.

What's the problem with cutting a little rectangular hole in the upper shaft so you can route the cable inside and hook it up nice and clean? I had mine wrapped around the shafts and didn't like the way it looked so I cut the hole and now everything is nice and sanitary inside the tube. All the other machines I have seen always wrap the coil wire around the shaft as a standard practice. Cutting the rectangular hole for the coil plug to go through doesn't significantly weaken the practical strength so that one has to worry about upper rod failure. The only thing to be careful about is to make sure all the surfaces of the rectangular hole, both inside the rod and outside the rod, are filed smoothly so you won't cause abrasions on the coil wire. If bumping the coil wire against things affects stability or increases some falsing, all the more reason to put it inside where ML designed it to be initially. Regards...Jim

As far as the depth thingy plenty on my machine and I am sure there is on most of them out there ....
interference and improper settings can really make things go south quick and as some have said cell phones ....leave em in the car or if you must carry one turn it off and reboot if you have an emergency in the field or check it during a break......

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Post a pic Grumpy!! I know some will find it wierd, but I haven't moved to the sunray on my EXII because of the external cable issue. I've thought about what you're doing, but didn't have the guts to start cutting. A picture would be awesome.